Private Transfer Service: Hiking On The Wild Great Wall - Beijing
OverviewA day-trip to the Great Wall is the perfect introduction to the part of the wall worn by time and history. There is plenty of excellent mountain scenery and a nice 5km hike. In order to get to the remote section of the Great Wall, you driver will take you there by car and led to the entrance. Enjoy a different experience where there is no struggling crowd or elaborately renovated cultural relics and see what time has done to the historical Great Wall. This is a self-guided hiking tour with private transfer service.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour private driver will pick you up at your Beijing hotel at 9am in the morning, then take you directly to a wild Great Wall.
Because of its distance, it is almost empty most of the time. You may meet other hikers out for the experience along the trail. The wall was built on a ridge of the mountain to go with the terrain and looks quite imposing. Unlike the Badaling section, the wall here hasn’t been repaired or renovated so it has kept its original look. Looking around while hiking feels like a step back in time.
The 3 mile (5km) hike requires some strength and can be moderately tough. The duration is dependent on the speed you complete the hike. You will enter the Great Wall entrance at one section where your driver will leave you to complete the hike independently and go to meet you at the end of the trail. There are plenty of signs and your driver will show you some photos before hiking. The last 10% of the trail is a charged tourist attraction and requires you to purchase tickets for entrance. You will pay the ticket directly to the Great Wall guardian there (at your own expense).
Once you finish your self-guided hiking tour, your driver will transfer you back to your accommodation in Beijing.
Inclusions for Private Transfer Service: Hiking On The Wild Great Wall
- Driver to the Wild Great Wall
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver and car
- Bottled water
- Lunch (bookings with 2 or more people only)
Exclusions for Private Transfer Service: Hiking On The Wild Great Wall
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (single person booking)
- Hiking guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 14 years
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A large amount of walking is involved (3 miles)
Please wear comfortable hiking shoes
Feel free to bring your own snacks or sandwich
Travel insurance is encouraged
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Beijing City Tour
- Private English Tour Guide Service in Beijing
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
- Beijing One Day Coach Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall Plus Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square Including Lunch
- Small Group Nightlife Tour with Local Expert in Beijing
- Beijing Group Coach Day Tour: Explore Juyongguan Great Wall and The Forbidden City including Lunch