Private Trekking And Local Temple Day Tour In Chiang Rai
OverviewJoin us on this private day tour and visit two major attractions in Chiang Rai the White Temple and Black House. Lunch will be served at our foundation and trek to a Lahu Hill Tribe Village and Akha Hill Tribe Village. Both of the villages we visit, retain their animist beliefs and traditions. There are a number of unique sites to see, and fascinating cultural stories to hear. All in all, well worth the walk!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local guide
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tourAfter we have collected you from your accommodation in Chiang Rai city, we take a short 15km drive to the White Temple. This temple is the brainchild of a famous Thai artist,Chalermchai Kositpipat, and is a modern interpretation of the vision of hell based on current events and Hollywood movies. As a counterbalance to the white, we then take you to the black - Black House - which is the vision of another famous Thai artist, Thawan Dachanee. Black House is not a temple, but a scattering of buildings built in the Lanna kingdom style. All the buildings are black, and filled with his collections of artefacts, bones, furniture, and art. Both attractions are popular, and do a brisk trade in souvenirs, snacks and drinks.
Once the sightseeing portion of the programme has been completed, we bring you to our foundation for lunch. We take this opportunity to show you a short 10 minute film about our organisation's projects, which are all dedicated to improving the daily lives and futures of ethnic minorities and stateless peoples in Thailand.
The trekking part of the day begins with a two hour walk to Baan Jalae (Lahu hilltribe), which is home to a hilltribe museum built by our foundation and the villagers, with items donated by the locals. A 20 minute walk to the nearby waterfall, for a refreshing break, is followed by a 1 hour trek to Baan Apa (Akha hilltribe) to view the cultural sites around the village, including a spirit gate, spirit well, and a ceremonial swing only used for 3 days in the year.
Your guide is a local hill tribe villager, so you can be sure the information you receive about the cultures and local wildlife is accurate. Please note that the guide's English skills will be basic, so please encourage talking, to improve language skills. The guide doesn't require a tip, and tips are not part of the culture in Thailand. Our foundation is non-profit, dedicated to improving the lives of the hill tribe communities in this region. The money you spend goes back into the community, and the fee ensures a fair wage for the guide.
9am: Visit the White Temple
10am: Visit Black House
11.30pm:Driveto our foundation
12noon:Lunch,watch a short film about our work
12.30pm: Trek to a traditional Lahuvillage (approximately 2 hours)
2.30pm: Visit the hill tribe museum
3pm: Walk to a small waterfall (approximately 20 minutes each way)
4.30pm: Trek to a traditional Akhavillage (approximately 1 hour), if we are running late, or you are feeling tired, we can organize a car to transfer between the villages
6pm: Drop off
Inclusions for Private Trekking And Local Temple Day Tour In Chiang Rai
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only) by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Trekking And Local Temple Day Tour In Chiang Rai
- The listed price does not include a fuel surcharge, for certain pickup/drop-off locations, payable at the time of tour check-in. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier to cover extra transport costs, and is not within our control.
- The listed price does not include any purchases of souvenirs or snacks, or anything else not mentioned in the itinerary
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please provide a valid passport details once you received the booking confirmation
Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
4-5 hours of trekking is involved, so guests should be relatively fit and healthy
Dress code: please wear appropriate casual clothes and comfortable walking or trekking shoes
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately according to the season
Subject to weather conditions and guest ability - our guide may need to change the trek route
What to bring: extra clothes to change if you get wet and water proof bag to keep your belonging, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, camera
Please remember that you will be carrying your own bags, so don't pack too much - you are welcome to store luggage at our foundation while the programme is in progress, and we will bring it along when we collect you
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.