Private Urumqi Day TourWrite a Review
OverviewUrumqi is the capital of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in northwestern China and home to 3 million people. This private day tour will take you to see major attractions in the city including Loulan Mummies in Xinjiang Museum, Erdaoqiao Bazaar, Hongguangshan Buddha Statue, Shaanxi Mosque, and Erdaoqiao Bazaar.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- A la carte lunch included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
At 9:30am, your private tour guide will greet you at your central Urumqi hotel. Hop aboard your private, climate-controled vehicle for the short journey to the Xinjiang Regional Museum (Qu Bowoguan).
Your private guide will show you around the museum, giving historical context and background. One highlight of the collection is the well-preserved tattooed mummies discovered in the desert nearby. Look out for the Beauty of Loulan, buried around 3,800 years ago near the town of Loulan in the Taklamakan Desert and first excavated in 1980. The hot, dry sands preserved her facial features remarkably well in her open coffin: and she is still beautiful today.
Discover Xinjiang cooking, a fascinating fusion of Turkish and Central Asian elements with Chinese techniques and ingredients. Your guide will help you navigate the à la carte menu and recommend dishes to suit your palate.
It's a short ride to the Hongguang Shan Giant Buddha, which towers over downtown Urumqi at approximately 38.8 meters (128 feet) tall. Grab a few shots before you head to the Shaanxi Grand Mosque, a traditional Chinese-style mosque first built in the eighteenth century and rebuilt in 1906: it echoes the style of the famous Great Mosque in Xian.
Finally, recapture the magic of the old Silk Road with a stroll through Erdaoqiao Market, once a trading hub for merchandise from all over Central Asia. This makes a great place to shop for traditional Uighur souvenirs, and your guide can help you navigate the stalls.
As this is a private tour, the precise duration is up to you: most guests are back at their hotel by 5:30pm.
Inclusions for Private Urumqi Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Private guide
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Urumqi Day Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.