OverviewVisit Greece's finest private museum on this 3-hour private walking tour from Athens. The museum contains the vast collection of Antonis Benakis, accumulated during 35 years of avid collecting in Europe and Asia.
Know More about this tour
Syntagma Metro station, where your tour begins contains many archaeological exhibits including ancient grave stones, an aqueduct from the 5th century BC, pottery, a 2,000-year old beehive and a mosaic from the 5th century AD.
The collection housed in one of the best-preserved neoclassical buildings of Athens spans three floors and includes Bronze Age finds from Mycenae and Thessaly; two early works by El Greco; ecclesiastical furniture brought from Asia Minor; pottery, copper, silver and woodwork from Egypt, Asia Minor and Mesopotamia; and a stunning collection of Greek regional costumes.
After your tour through the Museum, head down Herodes Atticus Road where you will see the Presidential Residence, the Maximos Mansion, and on to the Panathenaic Stadium home of the first Olympic Games in 1896.
Visit the Temple of Zeus, the largest temple in Greece. The temple is impressive for the sheer size of its 104 Corinthian columns of which 15 remain. Your tour will end at Hadrian's Arch, erected by Hadrian in AD 132.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour: Benaki Museum
- Local guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour: Benaki Museum
- Entrance fees (approx. 7 euros) payable in cash directly on the day of the tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
During winter (November 1 to March 31) the latest starting time for tours will be 11:30am due to earlier closing times for archaeological sites and museums
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.