Private Walking Tour: Berlin Highlights And Hidden Sites
OverviewDiscover Berlin’s highlights and main attractions on a private walking tour of Germany's capital. Your private guide will tailor the tour to meet your interests, so you can choose to see top sights such as the Berlin Wall, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag parliament building and Checkpoint Charlie or on lesser-known places and hidden gems that group sightseeing tours often miss. Learn fascinating facts about Berlin's turbulent history during World War II and the Cold War, and listen as your guide explains what life was like for Berlin’s citizens during those times. Choose between a morning and afternoon departure with a duration of three or four hours.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your private guide at your hotel, set off on your private walking tour of Berlin, customized to your interests for a personalized Berlin experience. As you walk, your expert local guide will tell you about the modern German capital and how it has overcome its tumultuous past, boasting today an optimistic future without any boundaries between East Berlin and West Berlin.
Follow your guide through the city and discover sites linked to its fascinating history. Learn about the Nazi legacy and how Hitler rose to power, and find out what life was like during the Third Reich. Perhaps see the location of Hitler's former bunker and visit the modern Holocaust Memorial. Then walk through Checkpoint Charlie, learning how Germany was divided into East and West during the Cold War, and touch the remains of the Berlin Wall.
If you wish, walk under the Brandenburg Gate, the monumental entry to the boulevard Unter den Linden, which was authorized by King Frederick William II of Prussia as a sign of peace. Near here, admire the Reichstag parliament building, opened in 1894, with its famous glass dome designed by British architect Norman Foster. Since the government moved back to Berlin in 1990, it is now the meeting place of the German parliament.
At the end of your tour, your guide will walk you back to your hotel or leave you at the location of your choice.
To ensure you get the most out of your tour, please include any specific requests and attractions you'd like to see at the time of booking. You have the choice of a morning or afternoon departure with either a 3-hour duration for an overview of Berlin's main sights or a 4-hour tour for an in-depth experience of the city.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour: Berlin Highlights And Hidden Sites
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour: Berlin Highlights And Hidden Sites
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
You MUST contact the local tour operator at least 48 hours prior to arrival to arrange your pickup; contact info will be printed on your confirmation voucher
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Include your tour preferences and what attractions you'd like to see in the Special Requirements box when you book
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Warnemnde Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Berlin's World War II and Cold War Sites
- Warnemuende Shore Excursion: Private Berlin Tour
- Private Walking Tour: World War 2 and Cold War Sites in Berlin
- Warnemnde Shore Excursion: Private Berlin Jewish History Tour
- Berlin Christmas Markets Walking Tour
- Berlin Culture and Modern Architecture Tour Including Kreuzberg Visit