Private Walking Tour: Historic And Hidden Pubs Of London
OverviewThe UK is well known throughout the world for it's many cosy, unusual, quirky, historic and atmospheric Pubs. This tour visits the best London has to offer. Get away from the usual tourist trail and head into the hidden courts and alleys of old London. Expect colourful and sometimes grisly tales,flag stones, wooden panelling, quiet snug corners, and traces of the many people both great and ordinary who have propped up the bar in times past.Includes one FREE drink at every stop!The Oldest and Most Historic Inn's Tavern's & PubsVisit the Pub's Charles Dickens took inspiration fromHidden Alley's, nook corners, and log firesTry traditionalAles & CidersHear the stories and history behind each PubA relaxed tour at your leisure and pace - Will you manage all 5 Pubs?
Know More about this tourA private and bespoke tour of the best and most historic pubs in London. Including a complimentary drink at each stop.
You will be met direct at your London accommodation by your own personal Guide and then the adventure begins!
Let's start in 1620 and get a spot by the fire at our first historic Pub. It was on the Thames outside this Pub that the Mayflower
docked before heading off with Pilgrims to the New World, later to become the USA.
Crossing the Thames we continue the nautical theme with a stop at a Pub that dates back to the 1500's, look out for the gibet hanging
by the Thames, a reminder that it was here that Pirates and Smugglers met their end. The flag stone floor is the same one Charles Dickens
would have walked across to get to the bar.
Heading north we come to the East End of London, and the area of the Jack The Ripper Murders. We will take a drink in a traditional Victorian pub that many of his victims drank in. Perhaps Jack himself was a regular?
Now it's time to head into the City of London, known as the square mile and the most historic and ancient area of London dating back 2000 years. This area was devastated in the Great Fire of London, but don't worry, I know an underground bar that survived the great fire. Let's find a corner and try a traditional ale or soft drink. Hopefully the Ghosts from the last 500 years are friendly!
It may be time to clear our heads with a quick stroll, next stop a Pub dating back to the 1400's. Yes a pub has been on this site since before
Henry VIII was born. Hopefully a booth will be available, if not the Gentleman's Club interior of the front room will be perfectly suitable.
Ok, now this is becoming a real Pub crawl. At this point you will have a choice. Would you like to see one more traditional pub oozing history? Or do you fancy popping in to London's oldest Whisky Bar with the option to try 300 different Whiskies? The choice is your yours!
This is a personalised and private tour. Just you and me! I will meet you direct at your London accomodation, and escort you to the best
and most historic Pubs in London. A fully bespoke and flexible tour. You won't be rushed or herded about in a large group.
You can relax and enjoy a complimentary Ale/Wine/Soft Drink at each Pub. I will give you the history of each pub, and entertain you with tales from the past. We will also spot many interesting sites along the way, making this the perfect trip away from the regular tourist trail.
I will also be able to escort you back to your Hotel, or next destination after the tour.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour: Historic And Hidden Pubs Of London
- Beverages - One complimentary drink at each stop - Beer/Wine/Soft Drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour: Historic And Hidden Pubs Of London
- Transportation to/from attractions - Mostly on foot, but some Tube travel involved.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Madame Tussauds Entry Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus and London Eye Ticket
- London Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Shrek's Adventure Admission Ticket
- London Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Tower of London Ticket
- Vegan Food Tour Experience in London
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 5 Passengers
- Private Departure Transfer:Central London to London Heathrow Airport for Up to 3 Passengers
- Activity and Yoga Retreat