Private Walking Tour: In The Footsteps Of The 'Tiger Of Mysore' - BengaluruWrite a Review
OverviewThisÂ 3-hour curatedÂ walkÂ allows you toÂ exploreÂ the numerous monuments andÂ tales of PeteÂ (or Pettah)Â âthe old Bengaluru city associated with Tipu Sultan, erstwhile ruler of the Mysore Kingdom in Southern India.Â Join us, as we take you in the footsteps of Tipu Sultan or the famous "Tiger of Mysore," known for his opposition to British rule in India.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour'Tippoo Saib' as the Brits called him, was an 18th century warrior king whose kingdom was known far and wide for its brave people and immense wealth. Tipu and his father Nawab Haidar Ali were considered the main thorns in the complete political and military dominance of the East India Company over India.
Meet your guide at your selected departure time at the Avenue Road entrance near KR Market. Your walking tour starts with a visit to the grave of a noble man who died defending Bangalore in the 3rd Anglo Mysore War. We share stories of courage and martyrdom during the Battle of Bangalore (1791) as well as tales of confinement of British soldiers in the Bangalore fort.
Next you will be taken on a royal darbar to Tipu Sultan's summer palace. The walk ends with a visit to Tipu Sultan's last armoury in Bangalore where we will talk about the progress made by India under his leadership in rocket technology.
This walk is conducted by native Bangaloreans with years of research, travel and publications on this subject, some of which is exclusive.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour: In The Footsteps Of The 'Tiger Of Mysore'
- Bottled water
- Breakfast (morning option only)
- Private local guide
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour: In The Footsteps Of The 'Tiger Of Mysore'
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, except breakfast for the morning tour option
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Price is fixed per group with a maximum of 4 people per group
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please dress modestly
For breakfast only: Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.