Ushuaia lives between the Andes and the Beagle Channel, within a wilderness providing plenty of superb views. Ushuaias main feature is its isolation: it is the southernmost city in the World and that makes it even more unique. It took white men three and a half centuries from the time the first European came through the region finally to settle here. Very far from any other city, and because of the harsh living conditions, the development of the place was delayed until the turn of the 20th century.
The first attempt to populate this place during the past century was a prison, which became the centre around which Ushuaia revolved during the following 50 years. During the 1970s, the growth of the city was favoured by a law passed to promote industry, thus turning Ushuaia from a little village with some 5 000 inhabitants into what nowadays is a city of over 80.000.
City Trekk is an invitation to go around this city, to admire its magnificent views, to visit the Salesian Mission and to learn the stories of those who have chosen to live in this unique place. City Trekk is a tour around Ushuaia, a walk in which to discover its overwhelming natural beauty, and also to consider mans relationship with nature.
This schedule is intended to describe the tour. The definitive schedule and duration of each part and of the tour itself will be according to the passengers needs and interests.
This excursion is perfectly concieved as a thorough visit around Ushuaia before transferring the passengers to the airport.
9:00 Pick Up from the hotel.
9:00 Ride in a vehicle visiting different neighborhoods with nice views of the city.
10:00 Walking trip along some of the highest lookouts of Ushuaia.
11:00 End of the tour.
All year round.
Views of Ushuaia from North, East, West and South vantage points.
Available only as a private service
Duration: 2:00 hs. Am or Pm departures
Minimum/ maximum capacity: 1 / 20 (please ask for bigger groups)
Hiking: Short, low difficulty walks.
Season: All year
Atractions: Views of Ushuaia from all directons. Historic quarter, La Misin neighbourhood
Transportation: SUV, urban vehicle, minibus
Guide: Spanish/English. Other languages available with an additional charge, please ask.
Included: transportation, Spanish/English guide.
Not Included: Gratuity, visits to the museums (can be included under request)
Notice: An ideal activity for the day of arrival in Ushuaia, so as to make sense out of the peculiarities of the destination and to ensure an enjoyable stay. Afterwards, the passengers can choose to visit the museums on their own.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
8:30am Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
Pickup from the city centre hotels or Ushuaia Pier
OverviewEnjoy walking the southernmost city in the world, different views of Beagle Channel, the Olivia Mount, the pier, and different museums
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Beagle Channel Yacht Sailing Tour from Ushuaia
- Emerald Lagoon Trekking from Ushuaia
- Half-Day Small-Group Tierra del Fuego National Park Tour
- Half-Day Boat Trip to the Penguins Colony from Ushuaia
- Ushuaia Airport Shared Transfer
- Lakes District 4x4 Full-Day Tour with Lunch from Ushuaia
- Sled Husky Experience From Ushuaia
- Half Day Snowshoes and Snowmobile at Ushuaia Blanca