Private Walking Tour Of Leon Viejo Ruins - León
OverviewOn this 2-hour private walking tour, ramble through Leon Viejo, Nicaragua's first capital city and UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins dating back to the 1500's destroyed by volcanic activity and earthquakes. Take in the panoramic views of Lake Xolotlan and Momotombo volcano. Hotel pickup and entrances fees are included.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAt your chosen time of 9am or 2pm, your guide will meet you at your central Leon hotel. After stepping in your private vehicle, head to Leon Viejo, the original location of Leon located south of Momotombo volcano about 20 miles east. Upon arrival at this UNESCO World Heritage site, explore the city ruins which were discovered in 1967. Stroll through the remains of the old city streets, foundations and partially restored buildings including the first church all which had been buried by continuous expulsions of ash and volcanic stone. Your professional guide will explain how Leon Viejo suffered frequent volcanic activity and destructive earthquakes in 1594 and 1610 and the reason the city was relocated to its present location. While visiting the hill inside Leon Viejo, enjoy the amazing views of Lake Xolotlan, the impressive Momotombo volcano and its little brother Momotombito.
At the end of the tour in Leon Viejo, you will be transported to CocinArte in central Leon where the tour will end with an included drink.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour Of Leon Viejo Ruins
- Hotel pickup
- Drop-off to designated meeting point
- Transport by private vehicle
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour Of Leon Viejo Ruins
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Personal Expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Recommended items: comfortable clothes and shoes; water/snacks; sunscreen/sunglasses
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
At time of booking, please provide your hotel name/address in Special Requirements field
At time of booking, passengers must provide the following information: hotel name and address
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.