Private Walking Tour Of New York City ArchitectureWrite a Review
On this 3-hour private tour you will be guided by a local architect, urban planner or historian for an in depth overview of the iconic buildings of New York’s famous 42nd Street thoroughfare.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourSelect from a morning or afternoon departure time. Then, in a small, private group (six people maximum) exploration of Midtown Manhattan, delve into the evolution of the city’s varied architecture, from the late-19th century through today.
Starting in Tudor City at 2nd Avenue, proceed down 42nd Street to Times Square in the company of an architectural expert and long-term New York resident. Learn about the varied roles the street has played in the last two centuries — from a gated community and commuter hub, to the red-light and theater districts. Learn the visual language of such architectural movements as Beaux Arts, Art Deco, and the International Style as while studying the exteriors and interiors of iconic structures like the Chrysler Building, the Daily News Building, the Ford Foundation, Grand Central Terminal, and the New York Public Library.
Along the way, discuss the city’s rapid expansion northward during the first half of the 20th century, the key role Midtown played in it, and how Manhattan’s built environment continues to evolve today.
Because the group is small, there is plenty of time for questions and dialogue throughout the tour.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour Of New York City Architecture
- Local guide
- Private walking tour
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour Of New York City Architecture
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.