OverviewThis private, small-group tour is a perfect introduction to those visiting Rome for the first time. It includes the three most important and monumental squares: Piazza di Spagna, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. This 3 hour walking tour will give you the sensation of walking inside the Dolce Vita Roman's charming atmosphere, discovering its beautiful baroque fountains, its romantic cafes and living the authenticItalian style. Hotel pick-up and drop-off will be provided, with two start times available (10am or 2pm).
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour tour starts either at your hotel with pick-up or at a predetermined meeting point with your guide at either 10am or 2pm. Your first stop will be the Piazza di Spagna, once the “drawing room” where the Roman elite would meet foreigners from all over the world; it’s still a popular meeting point, even today. Next, the Trevi Fountain is a must-see for everyone visiting the eternal city. Restoration is being completed and soon you will once again be able to throw a coin in the fountain to ensure your return to Rome. The walk continues along the narrow streets that open onto beautiful squares, obelisks and engraved columns, and between antique residences and impressive palaces (formerly papal residences, today office headquarters). You'll arrive at the Pantheon, the famous antique Roman temple transformed into a church and still perfectly preserved in all its magnificence. Finally, the tour ends in the afternoon or early evening in Piazza Navona, with its beautiful fountains, and in particular, the Fountain of the Four Rivers, by Bernini, a genius of the Baroque in Rome.
Besides the squares and monumental fountains, and depending on your point of departure (your hotel or elsewhere), your guide can add some delightful “gems”: an atelier of sculptors dating back three generations, or a historic café; underground ruins of the ancient city (with flowing water still today!); a nice coffee in a poetic Renaissance cloister or the optical illusion of a “Baroque joke”. Even the classic stroll through Rome can lead to an unexpected adventure.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour Of Squares And Fountains In Rome Including The Pantheon
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour Of Squares And Fountains In Rome Including The Pantheon
- Entrance fees can be paid in cash on the spot
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.