Private Walking Tour Of Upper And Downtown Zagreb
OverviewGet up close with Zagreb's top attractions on this private walking tour with licensed local guide. Find out what locals do in Zagreb. A ride with the shortest funicular in the world is included. Visit to Upper and Down Town of Zagreb. Learn more about monumental Cathedral and visit main Zagreb square, Jelacic Square. Don't miss to visit open market Dolac, where you can buy fruits and vegetables.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tourChoose between a morning or an afternoon departure, and then start your tour on foot with a pick-up from your centrally located Zagreb hotel or hostel. A ride with the shortest funicular in the world will take us to the Upper town Gradec, one of the two medieval settlements Zagreb originates from.
Enjoy the charm and harmony of the Strossmayer promenade, one of the best spots for panoramic views of Zagreb rooftops and landscape. We shall see Lotrscak tower that houses the Gric cannon which goes off every day to mark the noon, St Catherines baroque church built by Jesuits, the seats of Croatian Parliament and Government and Saint Marks Church famous for its picturesque roof with coats of arms representing the Three Kingdoms of Croatia.
We continue towards Stone Gate which was a part of defense system of Gradec and it is the only city gate that survived until present day. Inside the gate there is a small chapel with the picture of Our Lady, patron saint of the city. We descend to Lower town through popular Tkalciceva street. A short stroll across the open market Dolac (market is closed for afternoon tour) will take us to the second medieval settlement Kaptol. Dolac market is the biggest one in Zagreb, where we will get the opportunity to talk about the local cuisine.
We shall also learn something more about the interesting history of the monumental Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Ladislas I, king of Hungary, founded Zagreb Diocese at the end of the 11th century. We continue towards the main Zagreb square, Jelacic Square. Ban Jelacic was an important historical figure for Croatian people, and today the square is a popular meeting point for all the locals. We will end our tour visiting beautiful park Zrinjevac, the most charming park in famous Lenuci horseshoe. Drop-off to your centrally located hotel, hostel or apartment is possible.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour Of Upper And Downtown Zagreb
- Walking tour with a licensed local guide
- Ticket for the funicular ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located hotels/hostels)
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour Of Upper And Downtown Zagreb
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise the location of your centrally located hotel or hostel for pick up at time of your booking or if your prefer to start your tour from Trg Nikola Subic Zrinski
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.