Private Walking Tour: Royal London
OverviewEmbark on this 90-minute private walking tour that explores stories of the current royals and some of their most memorable predecessors on this royally themed walk. This walk covers royal palaces, scandal and regicide and is the perfect opportunity to get to know the Royal family and their predecessors. Accompanied by a professional guide, learn about the history of this area as you snap memorable photos.
- Family friendly
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at a central location to start your day. On this Royal London walking tour you will see: Charing Cross - starting the tour in the year 1280 we explore what the area would have been like during the reign of Edward I. Georgian Trafalgar Square - understand the use of the area before Trafalgar Square and how the aristocracy were able to display their sportsmanship during rare times of peace.
Edwardian Admiralty Arch - we explore how Edward VII, the son of Queen Victoria made his mark on one of London's streets most iconic streets. St James's Park - the smallest of the Royal Parks, this park was once guarded by the Horse Guards. We find out why.
Buckingham Palace - we discuss not only the monarchs who have called this famous palace home but look to its origins. St James's Palace - a Tudor delight - uncover how this palace began as a hospital and for one monarch became his prison.
Carlton Terrace - opulence and grandeur we peel away the layersto understand the Prince Regent.Lancaster House - used as the interior of Buckingham Palace for the film The King's Speech and TV drama Downton Abbey.
Marlborough House - nearly 300 years old, this Royal Palace has been the home to five Dukes and Duchesses. Clarence House - the official residence of The Prince of Wales andThe Duchess of Cornwall and wasonce the London home of Her Majesty The Queen, then Princess Elizabeth, and The Duke of Edinburgh following their marriage in 1947.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour: Royal London
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour: Royal London
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Minivan Arrival Transfer from Southampton Cruise Terminals to Heathrow Airport
- Small-Group Dessert Walking Tour in London
- West End Musical Theatre Walking Tour in London
- Private Transfer: London to Oxford Bicester Village for Shopping for Up to 4 Passengers
- London Photography Tour at Night
- London St Pancras Eurostar Private Arrival Transfer