Private Walking Tour: Walk Into The Lives Of Udaipur's Artisians
OverviewA short walking tour of 2.5 hours through the markets and gullies of Udaipur, exploring traditional artistry and craftsmanship. This walking tour through some of the most colourful markets and artistic lanes of Udaipur will introduce you to Rajasthan's skilled artisans and lets you witness these men play with their creative dimensions in their workspace. Enjoy your breakfast if you opt for the morning session or tea and snacks in the evening session. You will also get an opportunity to shop at herbal medicine stores, ethnic handmade clothing shops or witness metal smiths and potters create magic with their hands.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Fully narrated tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourUdaipur, the Venice of the east, has always been known for its royal history and rich heritage. The by-lanes of the city has more tradition and culture hidden within them and the aim for this tour is to gain insight into these treasures. The exquisite forms of art and crafts are very much an attribute that adds to the charm of this place. Udaipur has artisans who are proud descendants of the skilled craftsmen of the royal age. The expertise and finesse of artistry are ingrained deep within these artisans.
This guided walking tour of 2.5 hours begins at the Gangaur Ghat, a very significant spot located on the waterfront of Lake Pichola. Named after the colourful Gangaur festival of Rajasthan, this lake is close to prominent places like Bagore ki Haveli museum and the ancient Jagdish temple.
Exploration of the artistic treasures of the city begins with a walk through the gullies and you get to witness different forms of art, some of which boasts of being from the age of the maharajas. Artisans specialize in different arts and crafts such as leaf plates and bowls which are perfect eco-friendly substitutes of the ceramic and plastic ones. Meet weavers who can make anything from baskets to walls out of bamboo. Workspaces of skilled clay potters and metal smiths who work on gold, silver or iron will definitely be a delightful experience. Watch artisans paint pots and objects of clay in colourful traditional designs and take home your favourite pieces as souvenirs.
You can also visit a few herbal medicine shops that are owned by villagers and tribal folks who learned about secret ingredients and remedies from their ancestors. The ever colourful state of Rajasthan cannot cross our minds without an image of the regions vibrant attires, hence your trail takes you through the markets of delicate handmade traditional wear or colourful accessories. The best way that Rajasthans folk tales are told is through Kathputli or puppetry. Get your own colourful puppets from vendors in the streets and deck up your homes with beautiful memories.
The city is home to some of the most talented artisans, many of whom has earned global recognition. Traditional painting styles such as Pichwai is unique and exquisite, and this form of art is what you would behold while touring through the streets of this colourful city. This experience is bound to take you back in time and give you awonderful insight of the traditional art forms that are part of Rajasthans rich heritage.
Inclusions for Private Walking Tour: Walk Into The Lives Of Udaipur's Artisians
- Breakfast for morning session
- Afternoon tea & snacks for evening session
- Private guide
Exclusions for Private Walking Tour: Walk Into The Lives Of Udaipur's Artisians
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 10 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Kumbhalgarh Fort Tour from Udaipur
- Evening Excursion: Historical Mewar Sound and Light Show from Udaipur including Dinner
- Half-day Excursion of Ranakpur Jain Temple from Udaipur
- Private Day-Trip To Ranakpur And Kumbalgarh From Udaipur
- Full-Day Private Tour of Udaipur City Monuments
- Private Day Tour of Kumbhalgarh from Udaipur