Private West Dunhuang Day Tour Of Yumenguan Pass, Great Wall Of Han Dynasty, And Yadan National Geological Park
OverviewEnjoy a full day of sightseeing without any compulsory shopping stops. Explore Yumenguan Pass, an important gateway of Silk Road, to reminisce the bustling scene of ancient Silk Road caravan traders crossing in ancient times, pay a visit to the best preserved Great Wall of Han Dynasty nearby, and take in breathtaking views of Gobi desert and natural rock formation in Yadan National Geologic Park.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Meet your private local guide and driver in the morning at your hotel lobby and then settle into a comfortable air-conditioned minivan for 1 hour ride to Yumenguan Pass. Enjoy changing scenery along the way from bustling city to desolate Gobi. Get a close look at the site of Yumenguan Pass that is named after many jade caravans passing through and listen to your guide's commentary on its glorious past. Picture the bustling scene of this important pass with caravan traders crossing through in the ancient times and compare to its modern desolate view.
Afterwards, make a stop to Great Wall of Han Dynasty, the best preserved part of Han Great Wall but also a big opposite to the famous Badaling Great Wall or Mutianyu Great Wall. With limited materials, this Great Wall was built of a mixture of sand, dirt, rose willow, reed and apocynum. Take a free walk to get closer and learn more stories of the Wall and take some photos of the remains of this 2,200-year-old structure.
Next, take another 1 hour ride to start your exploration in Yadan National Geological Park. A park shuttle ride will show you through the park, making stops to different naturally shaped rock formations such as "the lion with a gesture of welcoming guests," "the peacock's tail," "the pyramid," and "the Sphinx." Imagining all these rocks will gradually change their shapes after another hundreds or thousands of years is also intriguing.
After a whole days trip in the fascinating Gobi desert, enjoy the ride in your comfortable air-conditioned vehicle back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private West Dunhuang Day Tour Of Yumenguan Pass, Great Wall Of Han Dynasty, And Yadan National Geological Park
- Entrance fees as specified in the itinerary
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Ground transportation with professional drivers
- Professional English speaking guide
- Downtown hotel pickup & drop-off
Exclusions for Private West Dunhuang Day Tour Of Yumenguan Pass, Great Wall Of Han Dynasty, And Yadan National Geological Park
- Transportation to/from Dunhuang
- Expense of personal nature
- Food and drinks
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities fro guide & driver (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hiking shoes, hats and sunglasses are strongly recommended as touring in Gobi can be a little tough
Please provide passport number, name and nationality as shown on passport at time of booking
You are encouraged to purchase travel Insurance before your trip against any unforeseen circumstances
Note: The prices shown are not valid during China's Official Holidays (such as National Day - 01 to 07, Oct. Chinese Spring Festival - 15 Feb to 21 Feb, 2018, etc.).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private One Day Tour: Mogao Grottoes, Singing Sand Dunes and The Silk Road Show
- Private One Day Tour: Mogao Grottoes, White Horse Stupa & visit a local family
- Small Group of West Dunhuang Day Tour: Yumenguan Pass-Great Wall of Han Dynasty-Dunhuang Yadan National Geologic Park -No Shopping Stops
- 4Days Private Dunhuang Tour: Mo Gao Caves-Crescent Spring-Singing Sand Dune-Yumen Pass-Great Wall of Han Dynasty and Yadan National Geologic Park-No Shopping Stops
- Private Transfer between Dunhuang Airport and Dunhuang Hotel
- Buddhism art one day tour in Dunhuang
- Private Buddhism Art Tour with The Silk Road Show include dinner