Private Wine Lover Tour Of Stellenbosch And Franschhoek Winelands From Cape Town
OverviewThis private tour of the Cape Winelands will entice you to become the region's biggest fan. Your private guide will introduce you to Franschhoek and Stellenboschs top viticulture spots, where you will visit four acclaimed estates to sample their finest wines. Each estate provides an exquisite backdrop of manicured vineyards cradled by soaring mountain ranges. The wine tastings are included in the tour price, and will be provided by some of the legendary wine farms in the South African Winelands, including Kanonkop Wine, Eikehof, Haute Cabrire and Rust en Vrede wine estates.Hotel pick up and drop-off, as well as transportation, is included. All meals and additional drinks are excluded will be at the customer's own expense. Maximum group size of 13 adults for this tour.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tour
You'll meet your guide at your hotel or accommodation in Cape Town at 9am, and will then set off in an air-conditioned minivan to begin a full-day tour of the Stellenbosch Winelands.
You'll arrive at Kanonkop Wine Estate, which is situated at the foothills of the Simonsberg Mountains. Experience their full-bodied, top quality reds during a six-wine-tasting. Celebrate their award-winning Pinotage and Cabernet Sauvignon wines surrounded by the estates investment gallery in one of the oak maturation cellars.
Your next stop isHaute Cabriere, which offers exquisite views across the Franschhoek Valley. Their tasting room, situated adjacent to the Cellar Restaurant, offers a uniquewine-tasting theatre experience in an underground auditorium within the Pinot Noir barrel maturation cellar. The intimate journey through Haute Cabrires history and wine philosophy continues with a cellar tour and sampling of five wines; including the remarkable Chardonnay Pinot Noir and Pierre Jourdan Cap Classique. If youre lucky, youll see the wine master use their famed French cavalry sabre to open bottle after bottle, adding dramatic flair to this exceptional tasting adventure.If you start to feel peckish, opt to visit gourmet restaurants in Franschhoek, known as the culinary capital of South Africa or have lunch at the estates cellar restaurant which is built into the side of the Franschhoek Mountain. Please note: food and meals will be at your own expense.
Travel from Franschhoek to reach Eikehof. Nestled in the shade of lush green old oak trees, this family-owned winery has belonged to the Malherbe family since 1903. Today, Francois Malherbe is the fourth generation of family winemakers and still makes wines in the very cellar that his great-grandfather did. The name Eike" means oak and wine-tasting is usually done under the shade of the majestic Old Oaks. You can taste five of Eikehofs best varietals: Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Merlot, Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon.
Next, youll visit Rust en Vrede a 321-year-old estate specializing in producing bold red wines. Enjoy a master tasting of seven of the estates wines while surrounded by fine Cape Dutch architecture. Rust-en-Vrede produced the first South African red wine nominated for the Top 100 Wines of the World, and former president Nelson Mandela chose to serve their wine at his Nobel Peace Prize Dinner.
After your master tasting, you'll travel back to Cape Town to reach your hotel by 5pm. The drive, with its views of Table Mountain on the horizon, is a fitting way to end a tour in the Capes Winelands.
Please note: The wine estates visited are subject to change without notice on the day of your tour. This tour will run exclusively for you and the itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to spend more time at tour highlights that interest you the most.
Inclusions for Private Wine Lover Tour Of Stellenbosch And Franschhoek Winelands From Cape Town
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private local guide
- Wine tastings
Exclusions for Private Wine Lover Tour Of Stellenbosch And Franschhoek Winelands From Cape Town
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation need to be received after booking request
Must be 18 years and older for wine tasting
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Wine tasting or wine pairings are not included for kids under the legal drinking age of 18 years.
All meals and additional drinks are excluded and paid for separately.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Half-Day Cape Winelands Tour from Cape Town
- Private Wine Tour of Franschhoek from Cape Town
- Whales and Wine Day Tour from Cape Town
- Private Wine Tour of Stellenbosch from Cape Town
- Marine Big 5 Adventure from Cape Town
- Private Tour: Cape Winelands Tour from Cape Town
- Full-Day Winelands Tour with Tastings from Cape Town
- Private Tour: The Cape Winelands, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek from Cape Town