Private Wine Tasting And Tapas In Winery Including A Visit To Ronda City - Malaga
OverviewTravel through the Spanish countryside in an air-conditioned luxury car with and English speaking driver. Visit a winery and learn about the traditional local grape and its revival. Enjoy a delicious wine tasting and tapas. The excursion will continue with a visit to the city of Ronda.
Know More about this tourOur driver will collect you from your hotel or cruise ship where you will begin your approximately hour and a half journey to Finca La Melonera Winery. The drive will take you through some beautiful andalusian countryside.
The Ronda area has been known for its wines since Roman times and the tradition of winemaking continues. There are over 28 wineries in this area. Finca La Melonera is one of Rondas most fascinating wineries. This is an organic winery that revived the indigineous grapes that were wiped out by phylloexera plague in the late 19th century.
The winery is a contemporary building overlooking the beautiful countryside and the vineyards. The 2 hour tour of the Winery will begin with a walk through the vineyards where your guide will explain the task of recuperating the lost grape varieties and difference of growing conditions on the estate according to different altitudes and soil conditions.
Visitors will be given a tasting of white wines under a beautiful oak tree in the vineyard. From there the tour will continue and you will be taken to the barrel room where the wine making process will be explained. Finally your tour of the winery will end with a wine tasting accompanied by a selection of tapas.
The next part of the tour takes you to the city of Ronda where you will have approximately an hour to tour the city on your own. Ronda is one of the most beautiful and historic towns in Andalusia. Ronda is a mountain top city nestled on the dramatic El Tajo Gorge, which separates the old and new parts of the city. Ronda is one of Spains oldest towns dating back to Islamic times when it was an important cultural city. Hemingway described Ronda as the most romantic town in Spain. Cross the impressive Puente Nuevo bridge, Rondas most famous landmark, which straddles the deep Gorge and connects the Moorish part of Ronda with the modern part of the city.
Ronda is home of modern bullfighting so a visit to its famous bullring cannot be missed. The El Maestranza bullring is one of the oldest and most impressive in Spain. There is a museum and guided audio tour of the bullring.
After visiting Ronda, we will drive back to your hotel or cruise ship.
Inclusions for Private Wine Tasting And Tapas In Winery Including A Visit To Ronda City
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Entrance fees to winery
Exclusions for Private Wine Tasting And Tapas In Winery Including A Visit To Ronda City
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to Ronda museums
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Malaga Catamaran Cruise with BBQ Lunch and Port Restaurant Dinner
- Mlaga Swim Cruise with Lunch at the Port and Flamenco Show
- Malaga Sunset Cruise with Champagne and Restaurant Dinner
- Malaga Glass and Crystal Museum Admission Ticket
- Sealife Benalmadena Entrance Ticket
- Mlaga at Dusk Walking Tour
- Full-Day Marbella Tour from Malaga
- Discover Sevilla from Mlaga by High Speed Train