OverviewExplore the main wine-producing region of Georgia during this one day tour. You’ll travel to Kakheti province, taste finest Georgian wines and get acquainted with the ancient methods of wine making during a guided excursion to a wine museum and wineries.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourPick up from your place of stay in Tbilisi in the morning. You’ll start the journey to the wine land via picturesque Gombori pass, 5315 feet (1620 m) above sea level.
Your first stop is in Tsinandali, at the residence of a Kakheti nobleman of the 19th century, Alexandre Chavchavadze. The Tsinandali winery still produces wines according to the methods brought here by Chavchavadze when he revived the estate in the first half of 19th century. Take a walk in the decorative garden with a glass of wine from Tsinandali wine cellars and learn the history of the one of the royal families of Georgia.
Next head to Shumi winery located just a few minutes’ drive from Tsinandali. Here you’ll have a tour in the winery which presents a collection of wine related exhibits, a history and culture department and a wine-tasting area. Taste Shumi wines made according to European methods of wine-making.
Continue to Telavi town and have lunch in one of the local restaurants serving authentic Georgian cuisine.
After lunch visit village. Here you’ll stop at Twins Wine Cellar, a delightful agro-tourism winery and vineyard site. You’ll visit the wine museum, taste different types of wine and learn about the Georgian methods of making wine in Kvevri (large clay jars used for fermenting and storing wine).
On the way back to Tbilisi, visit Shuamta village and two important and beautiful architectural monuments of Kakheti – Old and New Shuamta monasteries. Both of them stand in a forest of deciduous trees, which makes them look even more fascinating.
In the evening return to your place of stay in Tbilisi.
Inclusions for Private Wine Tour To Kakheti From Tbilisi
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Two wine tastings
- One glass of wine in Tsinandali
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Wine Tour To Kakheti From Tbilisi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Traveling via Gombori pass is subject to favorable weather conditions during winter months. If this route is unavailable due to poor weather you will be given the option to travel by an alternative road, alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.