Private ZhouZhuang Water Village Tour With Boat Ride From Shanghai
OverviewExplore Zhou Zhuang with a private guide on this 6-hour tour from Shanghai. With its unique water lanes, stone bridges and ancient buildings, the town is often referred as No.1 Water Village in China. The majority of the towns residences were built over 300 years ago, and nearly 60 classic courtyards and 14 stone bridges are still in use. You will walk along the narrow alleyways, cross the stone bridges, visit the Zhang and Shen Residences, then take a Chinese-style gondola ride across the old town. This private tour ensures personalized attention and a flexible schedule.
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up by your private driver tour guide from your hotel or cruise terminal at 9 am (If you want to start the tour earlier or later than 9 please kindly inform us when you book). After an hour and a half's drive, you will arrive at the 900-year-old Water Town Zhou Zhuang which is known as the No.1 Water Village in China. You will start the tour from the Ancient Theater where the locals used to enjoy the Kunqu Opera. Then walk through the famous Double Bridge to the Zhang Residence. The residence has more than 70 rooms and takes up about half acre. With Zhujing River flowing through, Zhang Residence is a dapper and graceful residential house with a tranquil courtyard and pond. After Zhang Residence you will visit the other one named Shen Residence which is believed belong to the richest merchant 600 years ago. Then you can get more ideas of the old time life style in Southern China by a Chinese-style gondola ride. Lunch is arranged by yourself. But with your guide's assistance, you can have lunch at one of the local restaurants in the town. After lunch you will visit a century old Taoist temple. Late in the afternoon, you will be transferred back to your hotel or cruise terminal in Shanghai.
Inclusions for Private ZhouZhuang Water Village Tour With Boat Ride From Shanghai
- Private Hotel or Cruise Terminal pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Private driver/guide
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Chinese-style gondola Ride
Exclusions for Private ZhouZhuang Water Village Tour With Boat Ride From Shanghai
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Taste of Shanghai: Half-Day Cooking Class of Dumplings and Chinese Buns
- Private Day Tour: Zhouzhuang Ancient Water Village
- Chinese Acrobats and Shanghai Evening Tour
- Small-Group Colonial Walking Tour: Shanghai French Concession
- See Zhouzhuang Water Town and Shanghai City in One Day
- Shanghai Shore Excursion: Half-Day Private City Sightseeing Tour Including Jade Buddha Temple