Progreso Shore Excursion: Uxmal Day Trip - MeridaWrite a Review
OverviewEmbark on a shore excursion to Uxmal – declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO – when your cruise ship docks in Progreso. Explore one of the Yucatan’s most significant Mayan cities with a professional guide and learn about Puuc architectural styles at the Pyramid of the Magician, the Governor's Palace and the Nunnery Quadrangle. Receive personal attention on this small-group tour, limited to 16 people.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourTake a shuttle at 8:30am from the Progreso port to a specific meeting point. There, meet your guide and climb into a luxurious Mercedes Benz minivan and begin your shore excursion to Uxmal. Sit back in your plush reclining seat as your small group is transferred directly to your destination – without the hassle of tourist stopovers along the way!
Drive along the Yucatan Peninsula to Uxmal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and legendary ceremonial center of the ancient Maya, set amid hills in the Puuc (Mayan for ‘mountain range’) region. Upon arrival, tour the archeological park with your professional guide, who will inform your small group about the distinctive architecture and decorative design of the buildings. Learn about the city that flourished from 600-1,000 AD with 25,000 Mayan inhabitants at its height.
Admire impressive structures designed with geometrical figures and the masks of the rain god Chaac, the Mayan’s most significant deity. Visit the Nunnery Quadrangle, whose friezes represent owls and serpents, as your guide explains the significance of the four multi-level buildings arranged around Uxmal’s central plaza.
Marvel at the Pyramid of the Magician (the Pyramid of the Soothsayer), unique in its precise oval-shaped design. On the façade of the Governor’s Palace, whose central doorway astronomically aligns with the planets, you’ll see a frieze with more than 100 images of Chaac.
On your return, enjoy a boxed lunch and soft drinks aboard the minivan, arriving at the port of Progreso at 2:30pm.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Progreso port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details
Inclusions for Progreso Shore Excursion: Uxmal Day Trip
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Soft drinks while on board vehicle
- Visit to XIX Century Explorers gallery at the Hacienda Uxmal
- Worry-free shore excursion guarantee
Exclusions for Progreso Shore Excursion: Uxmal Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Note: Once you reach the Progreso cruise ship port, you'll need to take a free shuttle to the meeting point where a representative/guide will be waiting for you to start the tour. Transportation to/from the meeting point is available every 30 minutes, up to one hour before cruise ships set sail and depart
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.