See the best of Marseille and Cassis, two gems of the French Riviera, on this 6-hour tour with an expert guide. Setting off from Marseille, your tour passes along the stunning Corniche des CrÃªtes road before stopping to soak up views of the CÃ´te d'Azur from Cape Canailles. Take a sightseeing cruise from Cassis Harbour and see three of the famous Cassis calanques (rock formations) before returning to Marseille for a city sightseeing tour. See highlights like Notre-Dame de la Garde, Abbey of Saint Victor and more!
Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour ensuring youll see everything with personalized attention from your guide.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Marseille Vieux Port and then head southeast by minivan to the seaside town of Cassis – only a short drive away. After traveling along the scenic Corniche des Crêtes road, stop to admire dramatic coastal views of the Gulf of Cassis from Cape Canaille – the magnificent headland that tops France’s highest sea cliffs.
Head down the hills and stop in Cassis to walk around its pretty harbor, lined with colorful houses that typify the fishing villages of Provence. Hop aboard a sightseeing boat and cruise out of the harbor to see three of the region’s spectacular calanques – a series of striking limestone rock formations that comprise the so-called ‘fjords of the French Riviera’ along the coastline.
After spending roughly 45 minutes on the water, head back to Marseille by minivan and finish your day with a relaxing sightseeing tour. Stop to marvel at the Neo-Byzantine architecture of Marseille’s Notre-Dame de la Garde church, and enjoy breathtaking views across the sea toward Château d’If – the fortress featured in Alexander Dumas’ novel The Count of Monte Cristo. Pass the 11th-century Abbey of Saint Victor and then end your tour back at Marseille Vieux Port in the evening.
Inclusions for Provence Sightseeing Tour: Marseille And Cassis Calanques Cruise
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Boat ride
Exclusions for Provence Sightseeing Tour: Marseille And Cassis Calanques Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when traveling with two paying adults
In the event of poor weather, your boat ride may be cancelled and access to Cape Canaille may be restricted. On these rare occasions, you will either have more time to spend at leisure or another activity will be arranged
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.