Provence Small-Group Sightseeing Tour: Marseille, Aix-en-Provence And Cassis
OverviewVisit Aix-en-Provence, Cassis and Marseille on a full-day tour that combines Provences artistic heritage with stunning coastal scenery. After setting off from Marseille, youll admire architecture on the famous Cours Mirabeau boulevard in Aix and then visit the Czanne Studio (own expense) dedicated to the 19th-century French painter Paul Czanne. Discover rock formations known as 'calanques' on a cruise from Cassis, and then finish your day with a sightseeing tour of Marseille.Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring youll see the sights with personalized attention from your guide.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Marseille Vieux Port and head off by minivan to Aix-en-Provence. A wealthy Provencal town, Aix is known for its charming narrow streets lined with grand 17th-century houses. See the best examples of its elegant architecture on a stroll along the Cours Mirabeau -- a famous boulevard where private mansions bask beneath leafy trees and pretty fountains adorn the pavement. Continue walking to Aixs seductive little Old Town (Vieil Aix), and admire its chic boutiques, craft shops and squares, all dotted about the warren of tiny streets.
Famous as the birthplace of Post-Impressionist painter Paul Czanne, Aix is rightly on the map for art lovers from around the world. See how he stamped his mark on the city by visiting the Czanne Studio where he once worked, creating masterpieces such as Les Grandes Baigneuses. Entrance to the studio is at your own expense, but once inside you can walk in the artists footsteps and see countless artifacts in the room that once inspired him. Alternatively, you can choose to continue exploring Aix independently.
After a break for lunch in town (own expense), continue your tour to the seaside town of Cassis, stopping on the way to soak up coastal views from Cape Canaille. After a brief look at the picturesque harbor, hop aboard a sightseeing boat for a 45-minute cruise to see three of the regions famous calanques spectacular limestone rock formations that form dramatic coves along the coastline.
From Cassis, head back to Marseille and finish your day with a panoramic sightseeing tour from the comfort of your minivan. Stop for a photo outside Notre-Dame de la Garde the citys eye-catching Neo-Byzantine church and enjoy breathtaking sea views toward Chteau dIf the famous fortress featured in Alexander Dumas novel The Count of Monte Cristo. Pass the 11th-century Abbey of St Victor and then end your tour back at Marseille Vieux Port in the early evening.
Inclusions for Provence Small-Group Sightseeing Tour: Marseille, Aix-en-Provence And Cassis
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Provence Small-Group Sightseeing Tour: Marseille, Aix-en-Provence And Cassis
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to the Czanne Studio
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Calanques cruise(to be paid directly on the spot)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when traveling with 2 paying adults
In the event of poor weather, your boat ride may be cancelled and access to Cape Canaille may be restricted
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Lavender Tour in the Luberon Villages of Lourmarin, Roussillon and Sault from Marseille
- Half Day Cruise: The Incredible History of the Phocaean City
- Small-Group Monte Cristo Sunset Snorkelling Tour from Marseille
- Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Small Group Bandol and Cassis Wine Tour with Tasting from Marseille
- Shore excursion : Small-Group Marseille Walking Tour including a Glass of Wine
- Electric Bike Rental in Marseille
- Provence photography tour and class with a professional local guide-photographer