OverviewCombine fine wines with spectacular Provencal scenery on this full-day tour from Aix-en-Provence! After visiting two wineries in the Côtes de Provence St-Victoire winemaking region and sampling their exquisite wines, spend the afternoon in the Luberon region – exploring the villages of Lourmarin, Bonnieux, Roussillon and Gordes with your expert guide!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
Know More about this tourLeave Aix-en-Provence in the morning, and travel east by minivan to the foothills of St-Victoire Mountain, a stunning peak that rises some 3,317 feet (1,011 meters), dominating the Provencal landscape. A popular winemaking region, the softly sloping hills are home to countless vineyards that thrive with the temperate climate and fertile soils. In turn, this produces some of Provence’s best wines – full bodied with abundant minerality.
Visit two of the renowned Côtes de Provence St-Victoire wineries, and sample glasses of their prized reds and rosés during wine-tasting sessions with your guide. Learn about the region, the different wines and their subtle complexities that afford their winning flavors.
Return to Aix-en-Provence for lunch (own expense), and then meet your guide at the pre-arranged time for your afternoon in the Luberon region. Embodying picturesque rural France at its finest, the area is peppered with hilltop hamlets and villages – and you’ll see the best of them!
First stop is Lourmarin for a photo stop against the backdrop of Lourmarin Castle – Provence’s first Renaissance castle. Continue by minivan along the scenic river valley of Combe of Lourmarin, and then arrive in the neighboring village of Bonnieux. Spend time at leisure here, perhaps visiting its 12th-century church or relaxing in the shade of its century-old cedar trees.
Travel through more swathes of soft-hued countryside, passing a Roman arched bridge called Pont Julien, and then take a stroll through the village of Roussillon – known for its orange clay cliffs that are tinged from the soil’s rich ochre pigments.
Before returning to Aix, visit Gordes, a cliff-top village, to soak up its dramatic view. Head back to Aix and finish your tour at the start point in the early evening.
Inclusions for Provence Wineries And Luberon Villages Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- 2 wine tastings
Exclusions for Provence Wineries And Luberon Villages Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.