Puffing Billy Steam Train, Yarra Valley And Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary Day Tour - Melbourne
OverviewVisit the Dandenong Ranges on a day trip from Melbourne that takes you riding through forests of towering mountain ash gum trees and giant tree ferns on the Puffing Billy steam train and meeting Australia's unique wildlife at the Healesville Sanctuary. Discover the beauty of Melbourne's most scenic regions as you feed cockatoos and rosellas in the Dandenong Ranges.
- Instant Confirmation
- Rail Tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Free drinks included
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with pickup from your Melbourne hotel. Enjoy a relaxing coach trip through Melbourne's leafy eastern suburbs as you travel from the city to the Dandenong Ranges on the outskirts of the city.
Admire views of towering mountain ash gum trees, the world's tallest flowering plants, as you wind your way up the mountains to Grant's Reserve in the quaint mountain village of Kallista. Handfeed the local crimson rosellas, sulfur-crested cockatoos and pink-and-gray galahs as you drink in the crisp mountain air and enjoy a traditional Australian billy tea with savory Vegemite spread and chocolate-and-coconut lamington cakes.
Leaving Grant's Reserve, your tour takes you to the town of Belgrave in the foothills of Dandenong Ranges to board the famous Puffing Billy steam train. This historic train trip takes you 100 years back in time to the days of steam travel as you ride the train from Belgrave to the Yarra Ranges village of Gembrook. Cross the wooden trestle bridge on this 30-minute ride through the rainforest, and glimpse faraway views of Port Phillip Bay glistening on the horizon.
Relax after your Puffing Billy train ride and enjoy lunch hamper (at own expense) at Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary.
After a leisurely lunch, enjoy a tour of Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, one of Australias premier wildlife reserves. See all kinds of native animals in a natural bush setting, including wallabies, wombats, kangaroos, owls, emus eagles and, of course, koalas. Dont miss the popular birds of prey display and see sleepy koalas chewing gum leaves in their eucalypt-tree habitats.
Leaving Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, make your way back to Melbourne, arriving at your city hotel in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Puffing Billy Steam Train, Yarra Valley And Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary Day Tour
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Admission to Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary
- Puffing Billy Steam Train ride
Exclusions for Puffing Billy Steam Train, Yarra Valley And Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
7:45am AAT Kings Office – Corner Flinders & Russell Streets
7:05am Adara East Apartments
7:25am Adina Grand Apartments
7:15am Atlantis Hotel
6:50am Bayside Eden
6:50am Bayview on the Park
6:50am Como Hotel
7:20am Crown Metropol
7:15am Crown Promenade
7:20am Crown Towers
7:25am Crowne Plaza Hotel (at top of ramp)
7:05am Downtowner On Lygon
7:00am Hilton Southwharf
7:30am Holiday Inn Flinders
7:20am Hotel Sophia
7:30am Ibis Hotel Therry Street
6:00am Ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel
7:00am Ibis Swanston Street
7:35am Intercontinental Hotel (Collins St Entrance)
7:25am Kings Street Backpackers
7:10am Langham Hotel
7:05am Magnolia Court
7:40am Mantra on Russell
7:20am Mantra on the Park
7:30am Marriott Hotel
7:10am Melbourne Short Stay Apartments
7:35am Mercure Grand on Swanston (Reception Desk)
6:55am Mercure Pullman Albert Park
7:10am Mercure Treasury Gardens
7:35am Mercure Welcome (Reception Desk)
7:10am Miami Hotel
7:35am Novotel Collins
6:40am Novotel St Kilda
7:35am Oaks on Market
7:25am Park Hyatt
7:05am Pullman on the Park
7:15am Radisson Flagstaff
7:40am Rendezvous Hotel
7:30am Rydges Melbourne
7:00am Seasons Botanical
7:15am Sofitel Hotel
7:20am Stamford Plaza
7:05am Travel Inn Carlton
7:05am Travelodge Docklands
7:10am Vibe Savoy
7:20am Windsor Hotel
7:00am YHA Metro (Corner of Howard & Courtney Street)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Melbourne Baywatch Half Day Trike Tour for Two
- The Official 'Neighbours' Tour of Ramsay Street
- Private Tour: Great Ocean Road Helicopter Tour from Melbourne
- Phillip Island Wildlife Tour and Penguin Parade Afternoon Departure from Melbourne
- Melbourne Street Art Tour
- Great Ocean Road Sunset Tour from Melbourne