Pukaha Mount Bruce Entry Ticket
OverviewPukaha Mount Bruce is home to the world's only White Kiwi in human care, Manukura. She can be seen every day with her North Island Brown Kiwi mate. Enjoy 6 daily talks about New Zealand wildlife and the opportunity to feed an Eel or Kaka! Walk through real New Zealand bush and let yourself soak in your stunning surroundings.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourOpen daily from 9am to 4:30pm, Pukaha Mount Bruce is New Zealand's National Wildlife Centre. Home to a variety of New Zealand birds and animals. It is the only place in the world where you can view a rare white kiwi.
The daily talks start at 10:30am when we feed our two Takahe - with only 300 left in the world, these flightless birds were thought to be extinct until they were rediscovered just over 65 years ago.
At 11:30am you will be given the opportunity to feed a Tuatara. These animals have remained unchanged since the time of the Dinosaurs! After this at 12pm, it is time for either a Kiwi chick feed or a Gecko talk.
Around this time, you may want to head over to our Wild Cafe overlooking the Takahe enclosure for lunch.
At 1:30pm join in on an Eel feeding where we give our resident Long Fin Eels some food and discuss their amazing journeys to mate. Following this at 2:15pm, we talk about our North Island kokako - the only one in an aviary in New Zealand!
Finally, at 3pm is the Kaka circus. We give our wild native birds a snack and these cheeky parrots give our visitors a show of all their acrobatic skills.
In addition to all of this, you also have the opportunity to enjoy a 2-hour bush walk in restored native bush.
Pukaha Mount Bruce is situated right on State Highway 2 just 20 minutes north of Masterton - right in the heart of the Classic New Zealand Wine Trail. There is ample parking space.
Inclusions for Pukaha Mount Bruce Entry Ticket
- Entry to Pukaha at any time between 9am and 4:30pm
- Talks and feeds
Exclusions for Pukaha Mount Bruce Entry Ticket
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Advisable to wear closed in footwear
Paths are flat and well graveled
Bring a raincoat or umbrella in case of rain
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.