This tour from Kuala Lumpur takes you by coach and ferry to the quaint fishing village of Pulau Ketam (Crab Island). Discover the simple lifestyle of locals as you walk with your guide through the island village -- built entirely on stilts! Back in Kuala Lumpur, visit Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Mosque, the country's largest mosque, and Thean Hou Temple, one of the largest Chinese temples in Southeast Asia. Your knowledgeable guide will provide a memorable and educational experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Kuala Lumpur hotel in the morning, take a 1-hour drive to Port Klang, where youll board a ferry to Pulau Ketam, which is translated as Crab Island.
Youll spend your morning exploring this quaint fishing village by foot to discover the simple lifestyle of Malaysian locals compared to residents of the big city. Pulau Ketam offers a unique view of the busy harbor and the mangrove swamps of nearby islands, and is unique because the entire village is built on stilts!
Your guide will tell you about the history of this rustic village, which remains unchanged despite the flow of tourists. Pass by locals relaxing on their front porches and see fishermen going about their daily tasks such as peeling shrimp to be used in the local restaurants not surprisingly, this place is famous for its seafood, especially its crab. Youll also pass by some colorful Chinese temples, some of which are fronted by statues of sea animals such as shrimp and fish.
Pop into a local restaurant to enjoy lunch (at own expense), letting you taste the authentic flavors and flairs of this local Malaysian town. Then, catch the ferry back to Port Klang and hop back on the coach for a brief sightseeing tour.
Drive by fabulous Palace of the Sultan of Selangor, followed by a stop outside Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Mosque. Occupying nearly 36 acres (15 hectares), this is the country's largest mosque and the second-largest mosque in Southeast Asia.
Your last stop is Thean Hou Temple, one of the largest Chinese temples in Southeast Asia. Enter the temple and see the elaborate murals and decorative embellishments, giving you a glimpse into Chinese artistic traditions.
After exploring this incredible temple, youll be driven back to your Kuala Lumpur hotel.
Inclusions for Pulau Ketam Village Tour From Kuala Lumpur Including Thean Hou Temple
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Roundtrip ferry tickets between Kuala Lumpur and Port Klang
Exclusions for Pulau Ketam Village Tour From Kuala Lumpur Including Thean Hou Temple
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Greater Kuala Lumpur: Le Meridien, Hilton, Cititel, Boulevard MidValley, Pearl International, Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, Crystal Crown, Armada, Holiday Villa Subang, Grand Dorset Subang, Petaling Jaya Hilton, Sunway Lagoon, One World Damansara
Sri Kembangan: Palace of the Golden Horses
Shah Alam: Holiday Inn Glenmarie, The Saujana, all hotels within the Shah Alam area
Putrajaya & KLIA: Putrajaya Shangrila, Putrajaya Marriott, Cyberview Lodge, Equatorial Bangi, Pan Pacific KLIA, Concorde Inn KLIA
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.