Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing TourWrite a Review
From USD 70
OverviewWhile in port in Punta Arenas, see the citys historical highlights on this 2-hour shore excursion. Take in sweeping views of the Strait of Magellan from Cerro Mirador and visit the citys historical cemetery to admire the elaborate tombs. At the Regional Salesian Museum youll learn about the indigenous people who inhabited Patagonia, and enjoy a tour of the Magallanes Regional Museum in the Braun-Menendez Palace.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter your cruise ship docks in Punta Arenas (Sandy Point), one of Patagonia’s largest cities, see top historical attractions on a shore excursion with an informative guide.
First, drive one half hour to Cerro Mirador, a ski resort located within Magallenes National Reserve, and climb the hill – 2,000 feet (600 meters) above sea level – for a fantastic panoramic view of the city and sea! Take a few photos of the Strait of Magellan and Tierra del Fuego, and then head to the city’s historical cemetery, one of the city’s most popular locations.
Here, enter through the portico and stroll down paths lined with European Cypress, and admire the marble sculptures, tombs and mausoleums adorned with iron and brass. Within the high walls that surround the cemetery, your guide will point out the chapels belonging to the city’s most eminent families.
Next, head to Plaza Muñoz Gamero, the city’s main square, to view the Memorial to Portuguese explorer, Admiral Ferdinand Magellan, whose brass statue stands above that of an Onas Indian.
Continue to the Regional Salesian Museum, named after the missionaries who settled the area in the 19th century. See interesting exhibits on the Yámana, Tehuelche, Onas and Alacalufe cultures to learn about the native people who once populated the entire region.
Then, visit the Magallanes Regional Museum inside the Mauricio Braun and Josefina Menéndez palace, one of the city’s former mansions, built in 1903. See the museum’s historical displays and a permanent collection of gorgeous furnishings brought from Europe.
Your tour ends with transport back to the Punta Arenas cruise port.
Note: beginning January 1, 2014, all services are private
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Punta Arenas port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Worry-free Shore Excursion guarantee
Exclusions for Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Note: museums are not open on Mondays or holidays
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: Fort Bulnes Tour
- Whale Watching Day Trip From Punta Arenas
- Arrival Transfer: Punta Arenas Airport To Hotel
- Shore Excursion: Magellan Penguins Natural Reserve In Magdalena Island From Punta Arenas
- Magellan Strait Park And Punta Arenas City Tour
- Magdalena Island Penguin Tour By Boat From Punta Arenas
- Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: Otway Sound Penguin Colony Tour
- Punta Arenas Historical Classic City Tour With Salesian Museum