Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: Fort Bulnes Tour
OverviewWhile in port, visit Fort Bulnes on this 4-hour shore excursion from Punta Arenas. See Chiles first settlement an abandoned site built in 1843 and restored a century later. Learn about the forts unique construction and its historical importance as you walk around with your guide. Enjoy spectacular views of the Strait of Magellan while you explore the barracks, chapel, log cabins and more!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Punta Arenas, enjoy a half-day shore excursion to Fort Bulnes (Fuerte Bulnes) with an expert guide. Drive approximately 37 miles (60 km) to the historic site, where youll embark on a tour through Chiles first settlement on a rocky hill at Punta Santa Ana.
Founded in 1843 under the command of President Manuel Bulnes, the fort was abandoned and burned down six years later, due to the challenging living conditions and the harsh terrain. In 1943 the fort was reconstructed, and it was fully restored in 2002.
As you explore the grounds, learn about the original construction of the buildings, manufactured from logs, dirt and bricks made of grass. See the small church and chaplains quarters, and visit the jail, post office and stables. Discover the barracks and log cabins at this historic military outpost and imagine living within its defensive walls as you enjoy fabulous views of the sea!
Your tour ends with transport back to the Punta Arenas cruise port.
Note: beginning January 1, 2014, all services are private
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Punta Arenas port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: Fort Bulnes Tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Worry-free Shore Excursion guarantee
Exclusions for Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: Fort Bulnes Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.