OverviewDo you know Pushkar in Sanskrit means blue lotus flower?Pushkar is one of the oldest cities of India. The date of its actual foundingis not known, but legend associates Brahma with its creation. Hindus believethat the gods released a swan with a lotus in its beak and let it fall on earthwhere Brahma would perform a grand yagna. Apart from the major cities ofRajasthan, Pushkar as a holy place has its own importance due the the uniqueBrahma Temple which is one of its kind in whole world.
- Excellent value for money
- Exclusive to Viator
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Ideal choice for families
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourIn the morning, our car will pick you up at your hotel in Jaipur and drive to Pushkar. Your guide who will explain the history of this wonderful place. The major attractions covered in this tour are:
Pushkar Lake – The prime attraction of Pushkar is the Pushkar Lake which is considered sacred like the Mansarovar Lake in Tibet. Pushkar has become a place of Hindu pilgrimage because of this holy lake. Legend has it that this lake was consecrated to Lord Brahma, the creator of the universe when alotus dropped from his hand into the vale and a lake emerged in that place.
Brahma Temple – The most important temple in Pushkar is the Temple of Lord Brahma, one of the holy trinity of Hinduism. The temple enshrines a life-size idol of Lord Brahma.
Savitri Temple- This temple that is located at the top of the Ratnagiri Hill is dedicated to Savitri, the wife of Lord Brahma. The temple houses a statue of Goddess Savitri.
Old Pushkar- Old Pushkar lake is rebuilt and is located around 5 km from Pushkar lake. According to the ancient texts, Old Pushkar has equal cultural and religious significance for the pilgrims.
Inclusions for Pushkar Day Trip From Jaipur
- Entrance fees
- Private car with private driver
- Fuel charge, applicable road taxes, and parking
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
Exclusions for Pushkar Day Trip From Jaipur
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Any other items which are not mentioned in Inclusions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women or patients with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.