Puuc Route And Loltun Caves Day Trip From Merida
OverviewEnjoy a full-day adventure tour and visit the Lotun Caves and the Puuc Route. This route is an area of the Mayan civilization which stands for "hills" or "mounds" and you'll enjoy a guided tour of the area. Your day trip includes transport, lunch and a professional guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Your day trip begins with hotel pickup in Merida at around 8:30am. Board a vehicle and from there, you'll drive towards to Loltun caves and Puuc Route. This route is located just one and half hours from Merida and its an area part of the Mayan civilization whose name means "hills" or "mounds".
You will start with a guided visit to the Cave of Loltun (meaning Flower of Stone). Then you will proceed to Labna (which means Old House), inhabited between 750 and 1000 B.C. by around 1,500 to 2,500 people. Today, some mounds have been restored, among them the Palace and the Arch of Labna. Then, you continue to X-Lapak (means Old Wall) where there are 14 mounds with 3 pyramids in the process of reconstruction
Finally, you will get to Sayil (which means the Place of the Ants). Sayil dates back to 800-1000 B.C. You'll visit 2 buildings known as the Three-Story Palace and the Observatory, ending your tour here to then head back to Merida and your hotel.
Inclusions for Puuc Route And Loltun Caves Day Trip From Merida
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Live commentary on board
Exclusions for Puuc Route And Loltun Caves Day Trip From Merida
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not recommended for participants with back problems
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.