Pyrenees Medieval Village Hike From Barcelona
OverviewSee the unexpected side of Catalonia on a hiking day trip to the Pyrenees. After a pickup from Barcelona, travel to the charming village of Rupit in the Pyrenean foothills. Explore the village’s beautifully preserved streets and hike through the surrounding hills, taking in alpine views of cliffs, mountains, valleys and waterfalls. Finish with a 3-course lunch in a centuries-old Catalan restaurant, and then return to Barcelona in the late afternoon.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourLeave Barcelona in the morning, and relax on the journey north with your guide and small group. The Pyrenees region is roughly three hours from Barcelona, so relax on the journey and watch the landscape gradually change from coast to mountains.
Your first stop is Rupit, a beautifully preserved stone village with roots that trace to the 16th century. With your hiking boots on, follow your guide on a walk through the villages winding, cobblestone streets, and then make your way up into the Pyrenean foothills. Hike for roughly 2.5 hours at a leisurely pace, taking in dramatic views of the mountain scenery that surrounds you.
The route includes stops at several vantage points, allowing you to catch your breath and ogle the scenery. A majestic waterfall, measuring some 360 feet (120 meters) high, is sure to be a highlight of your hike; have your camera ready to capture the sight of the cascading water, flanked by cliff and valley views.
Finish your walk at a centuries-old restaurant, where a 3-course Catalan feast awaits. Dig in to plates such as pork sausage with white beans, and then relax on your journey back to Barcelona. Your tour finishes with a drop-off at the start point.
Inclusions for Pyrenees Medieval Village Hike From Barcelona
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- 3-course lunch in a centuries-old Catalan restaurant
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Pyrenees Medieval Village Hike From Barcelona
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Barcelona Transfer: Central Barcelona to Cruise Port
- Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona
- Three Countries in One Day: France, Andorra and Spain from Barcelona
- Montserrat and Cava Trail Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- 6-Day Spain Tour from Barcelona: Zaragoza, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Valencia
- Small-Group Tour: Traditional Food and Wine Day Trip from Barcelona
- Small-Group Medieval Villages Day Trip from Barcelona
- Private Salvador Dali Day Trip to Figueres and the Costa Brava from Barcelona