OverviewExplore Qinghai Lake, one of the largest salt-water lakes in China. Learn about this beautiful area and the Tibetan nomadic people that make this place their home. Enjoy the convenience of hotel pickup and drop-off, picnic lunch and various optional activities per your interests.
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourPickup at hotel at 9:00am by driver and car. Drive to Qinghai Lake, also known as Lake Kokonor. Visit the largest salt-water lake in China and a sacred historical place for Tibetans. See the surrounding shores that are dotted with Tibetan nomadic family tents. Explore the highlands of the Tibetan Plateau. Take great photos from a nearby vista point. Ride on a horse or yak (own expense) for an authentic Tibetan nomad experience. Hike the Shala-Pass (own expense), if interested. Trek up to 2.3m (3700m), which usually takes 1 to 2-hours. Enjoy panoramic views of the lake.
Have lunch in a picnic area by the lake. Spend time with local Tibetan nomads and learning first-hand about life in their community.
Head back to your hotel in the early evening following the tour.
Inclusions for Qinghai Lake Day Tour
- Transportation (car)
Exclusions for Qinghai Lake Day Tour
- Entrance fee (RMB$20 - RMB$30/per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 10 years old
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.