Board the open-top, double-decker bus at any of the 14 stops and enjoy a sightseeing tour around Quebec City that includes the historic district of Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Listen to live commentary and enjoy the convenience of onboard Wi-Fi to find out more fun facts.
You can hop on and off as many times as you like within 1-day. Buses run from 9:30am to 4:00pm, giving you flexibility to explore the city at a pace that suits your schedule. Need some ideas to get started? Read on to get a feel for what you can see or do along the route.
The tour loop starts at the main square of Place dArmes (see below for a list of all stops). See the Ancien Palais de Justice (Old Courthouse) built in 1887, and journey back to the early days of New France at Place Royale. In OId Quebec, learn how city founder Samuel de Champlain set up the Habitation de Qubec (think city development, 17th-century style) in 1608. Here, you can admire Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, North Americas oldest stone church dating back to 1688.
Stroll around the waterfront quays of Old Port (Vieux-Port), or walk through the Plains of Abraham, part of Battlefields Park. At the southern end of Old Quebec, get off at the loops final stop and visit the Citadel of Qubec, the largest fortress built by the British in North America that took 30 years to construct. Visit the beautifully preserved Fortifications of Quebec, restored 17th-century walls on top of a cliff towering over the St Lawrence River.
Quebec City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour Stops:
- Place d'Armes: Muse du Fort, Muse de l'Amrique Francophone
- Quartier Nouvo Saint-Roch
- Muse de la Civilisation
- Place Royale: Bateau Louis-Jolliet, Centre d'Interprtation de la Place Royale, Notre-Dame des Victoires
- March du Vieux-Port (Old Port)
- Centre des Congrs
- Observatoire de la Capitale: Colline Parlementaire, Htel du Parlement, Fontaine de Tourny, Promenade des Premiers Ministres
- Mange Militaire: Plaines d'Abraham (Plains of Abraham), Maison de la Dcouverte, Colline Parlementaire
- Plaines d'Abraham: Citadelle of Qubec (Citadel of Qubec), Vestiges du Blockhaus, Promenade des Gouverneurs
- Muse des Beaux-arts: Plaines d'abraham, Maison Henry Stuart, Tours Martello, Jardins Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc Gardens)
- Avenue Cartier
- Quartier Saint-Jean-Baptiste
- Place d'Youville: Palais Montcalm, Le Capitole, Lieu historique national des Fortifications-de-Qubec (Fortifications of Quebec)
- Citadelle de Qubec: Parc de l'Esplanade