Queen City Nevis Island Tour
OverviewNevis the Queen of the Caribees. Take a tour of this tranquil island and see why the Lords and Ladies visited this tanquil island in the 1700 to 1800's. It became famous when the healing thermal sulphur springs was found to have medicinal properties. This was the island Lord Nelson found his bride Fanny Nisbet. The Inn's of Nevis were once plantation homes of the wealthy English and are now the exclusive Inns of Nevis. Nevis an island rich in history and natural beauty!
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter a late-morning pickup from your accommodations, your visit will include the Thermal Spring, famous for its medicinal treatments. During this 10-minute visit you will experience the warmth and magnitude of the springs. Then, continue on to the Montpelier Estate which houses the Botanical Gardens ($13 entrance fee not included). On this estate Fanny Nisbet and Horation Nelson got married. The inn also accommodated British royals such as Prince William (the Sailor King), the best man at Lord Nelson's wedding, as well as Princess Diana and her son, Prince William.
Continue on to Hermitage Plantation, the oldest structure in the Caribbean. See the Carriage and Great Houses, furniture, artifacts, dining wares and the restored chattel houses. Another historical site is the Golden Rock Hotel, opened in 1950, and built on the site of an old windmill which presently accommodates a honeymoon suite and cottages. As the tour continues, drive through the Nisbit Plantation, a beautiful five star hotel. Then, it's on to Charlestown, the capital of Nevis, with a stop at either the Admiral Horatio Nelson or Alexander Hamilton Museum (entrance fee $5.00). Whilst in Charlestown you can take the opportunity to purchase gift items and have some local cuisine before returning to your hotel.
Inclusions for Queen City Nevis Island Tour
- Live commentary on board
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Queen City Nevis Island Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Dress code is smart casual
A small amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.