Queenstown Kawarau River White Water Rafting
OverviewExperience the adrenaline-charged thrill of white-water rafting on Queenstowns Kawarau River! As you paddle through the stunning scenery, you'll feel like you are rafting through the heart of Middle-earth, as it was the Kawarau River that starred as the River Anduin in 'The Lord of the Rings' movie trilogy. This grade II to III rafting trip is suitable for all fitness levels, and no experience is necessary.
Know More about this tourFrom central Queenstown, travel approximately 25 minutes by road to the rafting start point on the Kawarau River. After you are fitted with a wetsuit and lifejacket, receive some training and a full safety briefing from your expert guide. Then it's time to hit the river!
From the moment you push off from the riverbank, begin experiencing the endless excitement of the Kawarau River. Hold on tight and enjoy the rush of adrenaline as your raft twists and turns through the rushing grade II and III rapids.
Your guide will help you paddle along the river and show you the best way to navigate the rapids. Between the thrills, don't forget to look around as you travel through some of New Zealands most spectacular alpine scenery. If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, you may recognize some of your surrounds from the movie trilogy.
At the end of your rafting adventure, warm up with a sauna and hot shower at the rafting base, and perhaps reward your new or improved rafting skills with a well-earned hot chocolate, beer or snack (available for purchase from the licensed bar).
Inclusions for Queenstown Kawarau River White Water Rafting
- Use of hot showers and sauna facilities
- Wetsuit, rafting clothing and all other equipment provided
- Extensive safety instructions and paddling techniques
Exclusions for Queenstown Kawarau River White Water Rafting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 13 years. Children aged between 13 and 15 years must be accompanied by a guardian
All travelers between the age of 15 and 18 years require a waiver to be signed by a guardian if they are unaccompanied
You must bring a swimsuit and towel
Travelers MUST have a "minimum weight" of 88 pounds (40kg) to participate on this tour
Water confidence although not essential is recommended
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Milford Sound Sightseeing Cruise with Scenic Return Flights from Queenstown
- Half-Day Wakatipu Basin 4WD Tour from Queenstown
- Lake Wakatipu and Kawarau River Jet Boat Ride
- Half-Day Skippers Canyon Photography Tour from Queenstown
- Full-Day Routeburn Track Guided Hike from Queenstown
- Queenstown Triple Challenge (Jet Boat Ride, Helicopter and White Water Rafting)