Quito Best Markets In Quito & Local Food Tour
OverviewJoin me to discover three wonderful markets in the Ecuadorian capital. First, I will take you to Mercado Santa Clara, where we will meet one of my favorite juice vendors and learn about the use of fruit and medicinal herbs to cure common diseases. Next, we will visit Mercado Inaquito and taste some of the most delicious specialties of the city, including hornado, a juicy pork dish and a local ice cream dessert known as helado de Paila. We will also take some time to taste the best exotic and fresh fuit juices as well as my favorite snacks in Quito
Know More about this tourITINERARY
- Meet me in Mercado Santa Clara
- We will tour three markets
- Visit the most authentic places to eat and buy local products
- Taste and learn about the cultural fusion of Ecuadorian cuisine
- Visit a handicraft market
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR
I believe that there is no better way to know the cuisine of a city than by touring its local markets. This is a great way to explore new flavors while also meeting new people feeling like part of the environment. On this tour I will take you to three fantastic markets. We will visit the Mercado Santa Clara and Mercado Inaquito, which are both food markets but each with its own distinct vibe. We will taste some of my favorite Ecuadorian specialties, including Llapingachos and Seco de Pollo as well as the local version of ceviche. Next, we will tour an artisanal market and learn about the rich artisan traditions of the country. I will answer any questions you may have about Quito and suggest other activities for the rest of your stay in my beautiful city.
Inclusions for Quito Best Markets In Quito & Local Food Tour
- WHAT I'LL INCLUDE
- 6 drinks ( including fresh fruit juices and/or local beer)
- 4 traditional Ecuadorian dishes ( including Caldo de Patas, Llapingachos, Seco de Pollo,etc)
Exclusions for Quito Best Markets In Quito & Local Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passionate foodie and specialist in his native Ecuatorian cuisine. In addition, to studying culinary arts in Ecuador, Francisco also completed a Master's Degree in Culinary Heritage at CETT University in Barcelona, Spain. His professional experience includes working in a restaurant in Minneapolis, USA, in the Galpagos Islands and as a chef at the JW Marriot in Quito. More recently Francisco created his own catering and events organization company and joined Foodie&Tours as a local representative of Quito.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.