- Meet me in Mercado Santa Clara
- We will tour three markets
- Visit the most authentic places to eat and buy local products
- Taste and learn about the cultural fusion of Ecuadorian cuisine
- Visit a handicraft market
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR
I believe that there is no better way to know the cuisine of a city than by touring its local markets. This is a great way to explore new flavors while also meeting new people feeling like part of the environment. On this tour I will take you to three fantastic markets. We will visit the Mercado Santa Clara and Mercado Inaquito, which are both food markets but each with its own distinct vibe. We will taste some of my favorite Ecuadorian specialties, including Llapingachos and Seco de Pollo as well as the local version of ceviche. Next, we will tour an artisanal market and learn about the rich artisan traditions of the country. I will answer any questions you may have about Quito and suggest other activities for the rest of your stay in my beautiful city.