Quito Evening Cacao Gourmet Walking Tour
OverviewJoin me for an afternoon rich in cacao and chocolate. Ecuadorian cacao beans are considered the best in the world, and with good reason. Professional tasters often claim that the aroma of Ecuador´s cacao is more complex, with strong floral and fruits characteristics. On this tour, we will visit some of my favorite chocolate shops, specialized in the traditional production of this famous local treat, and enjoy an interactive, educational tasting. I will also show you around my city, give you insight into Ecuadorian culture and introduce you to other local foods.
Know More about this tourITINERARY
- Meet me at Plaza Grande
- Visit of top artisanal chocolate shops in the historic center
- Meet one of the most emblematic colonial house's in the city
- Taste the beloved ecuadorian snacks in a typical cofee shop
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR
One of the best ways to get to know the historical center of Quito is by touring its chocolate shops and tasting this delicious local product, so important to Ecuadorian history and culture. This 4-hour afternoon experience is designed for chocolate lovers who are seeking to discover the origin of this treat, considered the golden seed of Ecuador. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of food and fun in the company of a passionate local guide who is excited to teach you about his hometown.
Inclusions for Quito Evening Cacao Gourmet Walking Tour
- WHAT I'LL INCLUDE
- raw and dry cacao tasting
- tasting of organic dark chocolate
- tasting of organic chocolate with local aggregates
- presentation on the transformation of cacao to chocolate
- typical Ecuadorian snacks
- drinks (hot/cold chocolate, juices, beer and coffee )
Exclusions for Quito Evening Cacao Gourmet Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passionate foodie and specialist in his native Ecuatorian cuisine. In addition, to studying culinary arts in Ecuador, Francisco also completed a Master's Degree in Culinary Heritage at CETT University in Barcelona, Spain. His professional experience includes working in a restaurant in Minneapolis, USA, in the Galpagos Islands and as a chef at the JW Marriot in Quito. More recently Francisco created his own catering and events organization company and joined Foodie&Tours as a local representative of Quito.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.