OverviewWherever you go in the world, markets are the source of the freshest food around and Ecuador is no exception. Join this Quito tour to discover (and taste) the ingredients that go into the signature dishes of this region.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free drinks included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourGo off the beaten path and discover the sights, sounds, and smells of the real Ecuadorian capital on this Quito markets tour.
First, we head for the foothills of towering Pichincha on the western edge of the city. Ride the cable car to the top to take in the unparalleled views from a staggering 4,100 meters above sea level. Explore the ecological trail that snakes along the mountain ridge, taking in different views of the city below. Visit the world’s highest Catholic chapel perched at a staggering 4,150 meters, which was built to honor the miracles of the Virgin Mary. Take in one last view of the city before climbing back aboard the cable car for the ride down the mountain.
Head to the Iñaquito Market, located in the northern part of the city. This fabulous market is known for its fresh produce, selling everything from exotic fruits and vegetables to medicinal herbs, fresh juices and local alcoholic drinks.
Feast on a range of Ecuadorian foods on offer, from crispy fried pork to delicate ceviche. Learn about the ingredients that go into making some of Ecuador’s signature dishes, and discover first hand the range of food on offer throughout the country. Don’t miss washing it all down with one of the many of juices on offer – from the usual orange and mango to the unusual such as babaco and tree tomat
This Quito tour is sure to leave you with a full tummy and a greater understanding of (and appreciation for!) Ecuadorian food and Quito market life - essential to feeling like a local!
Inclusions for Quito Market Tour And Pichincha Cable Car Ride
- Local English speaking guide
- Private transportation
- Cable car admission fee
Exclusions for Quito Market Tour And Pichincha Cable Car Ride
- Items of a personal nature
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
We suggest wearing comfortable clothing and shoes, a warm jacket, sunglasses, and a hat
Maximum group size is 12 participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.