Radomysl Castle Museum Of Ukrainian Home Icons From Kiev
OverviewTheres a unique museum in the Radomysl Castle the Museum of Ukrainian Home Icons. They were painted in XVII-XX centuries. Its exhibition of Christian art objects, named "The Soul of Ukraine", is the biggest one in Ukraine. Today they are open for visitors of the Museums exhibition halls where has been collecting and saving from destruction over 5000 home icons for 15 years.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
Theres a unique museum in the Radomysl Castle the Museum of Ukrainian Home Icons. They were painted in XVII-XX centuries. Its exhibition of Christian art objects, named "The Soul of Ukraine", is the biggest one in Ukraine. Today they are open for visitors of the Museums exhibition halls where has been collecting and saving from destruction over 5000 home icons for 15 years. This collection represents the philosophy of thousand Ukrainian families from different regions of the country audits evolution throughout centuries. But in all times the Ukrainian home icons have been family heirlooms painted for individual spiritual needs of every person in family. Here you can find home Iconostasis /wall of icons/, small travelling icons, Cossack icons, Hutsul folding icons, the icons painted on canvas, casted of metal and carved on wood and also ancient wooden and stone sculptures. Travellers call all museum exhibits as "orphan" icons, thrown out of houses and saved from destruction in the times of aggressive atheism. Some of them were damaged when faith of God was persecuted.
Paper Mill Reviving good traditions of the paper mill of Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, the manual production of paper, practiced by Orthodox monks 400 years ago, for further book-publishing, was restored in the Castle. The Castles paper production line uses the same equipment that was used in XVII century. The paper made in Radomysl was used for printing "Chasoslov" (The Book of Hours) the first book ever published in Kiev, in 1616.
The Castles Landscape Park attracts those, who are sick and tired of large cities' noise and want to feel their connection with nature. Here you can see rocks, trees and river waterfalls, all of them stretched across a large distance. Only here you can see a dozen of unique kinds of iris, bred and granted to the Park by Igor Khorosh, a Ukrainian plant breeder; pink and white water lilies, English roses, magnolias and also a water-nut, Trapa rossica, enlisted into The Red Book.
All exhibits are genuine.
Inclusions for Radomysl Castle Museum Of Ukrainian Home Icons From Kiev
- Private guided tour
- Professional private religious historian guide
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Transoprtation from Kiev and back by private car, or minivan, minibus
- Walking tour around the Radomysl Castle
Exclusions for Radomysl Castle Museum Of Ukrainian Home Icons From Kiev
- Entrance fees (about US$ 5 per person)
- Master-class at the Paper Mill
- Food and drinks at the local restaurant on the territory of Radomysl Castle
- Photo and camera are available
- Souvenirs are available in Museum
- Shipping by the local lake
- Room booking at the local Hostel inside the Radomysl Castle
- Please be informed You should pay all entrances fee for the guide what coming with you from Kiev
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
You can stay for the overnight at the Castle's Hotel
You can order the Marriage Night Service at the Castle's Hotel
Another language speaking guide is on request. (subject for the pricing)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.