Ragusa And Modica Day Trip From Syracuse Including Lunch
OverviewA tour to discover two wonderful Baroque towns that belong to the 'Late Baroque Towns of the Val di Noto' Unesco Heritage site. Light lunch based on typical Sicilian food is included. The tour will be operated as a full day tour from Syracuse.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourThe Tour will start from our meeting point located in Syracuse city center, where the driver will pick you up. You will reach Ragusa in approximately 1 hour and half. Ragusa is situated in the Iblean mountains and, together with Modica, it is part of the Unesco Heritage sites in Sicily. The main economy of the area revolves around dairy cheese and agricultural products like olives, carobs, legumes and grains. Upon arrival you will walk through the historical town of Ragusa Ibla that highlights the wide array of Baroque architecture in Sicily, including several stunning palaces and churches. Light lunch in a local trattoria based on typical Sicilian food is included in the tour.
In the afternoon, a short drive will take you to Modica, a small village famous for chocolate. Modica's chocolate is still made the same way the ancient Aztecs made chocolate in Mexico and its tradition dates back to the 16th century. The technique was brought over by the Spaniards who in turn learned about it in what is now Mexico. Later, the driver will drive you back to Syracuse.
The tour will be operated with minimum 4 people and maximum 25 people. From 1 to 8 people it will be operated with air conditioned vehicles and English speaking driver. From 9 to 25 people it will be operated with more air conditioned vehicles or by air conditioned coach and English speaking tour leader.
Inclusions for Ragusa And Modica Day Trip From Syracuse Including Lunch
- Local taxes
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Ragusa And Modica Day Trip From Syracuse Including Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum number applied. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund (the minimum number required is 4 people)
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates applied if they do not occupy a seat
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Transport is wheelchair accessible, however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.