Rainbow Mountain Full-Day Hiking Tour - CuscoWrite a Review
Enjoy this one day hike visiting the latest discovery in Cusco, and now famous Rainbow Mountains in Vinicunca town. Due to the rich minerals, the mountain is full of deep colors, that create a unique and amazing pattern. You will spend a day in the Andes and make your way by foot to this hidden mountain. It will be aÂ lifetime unique experience.Â On this trek you will see quaint villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas and you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate Glacier (6,385 m / 20,945 ft), the highest mountain in the Cusco region.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
After breakfast at your hotel, we will pick you up at 6am from your hotel in Cusco in our transportation and drive for bout 2.5 hours until the stating point in Quesiuno town (4,326 m / 14,189 ft).
Once we reach the Inkintuyoc bridge, we will start our hike following a spectacular stream. You will be immediately surprised by literally herds of alpacas and llamas. We will have owsone views of the Ausangate Mountain.
Back on the trail, we encounter more of the traditional elements of this trek. This includes potato fields and unique fauna. We have the prospect of seeing chinchillas and vicunas. Vicunas are the only non-domesticated animal of the llama family in Peru. Many red mountains are also a highlight of this portion of the hike.
After a total hike of approximately 3 hours hike, we finally reach our destination, the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft). After getting over the shock of their beauty, you will have time to explore the area. You will have time to take pictures and soak in the beauty.
After enjoying the best views of this spectacular rainbow mountain, it is time to go back down. We hike downhill the way we came. The hike will take 2.5 hours. Where our private transport will be waiting for us when we return.
Finally we will drive for about 2.5 hours to Cusco and drop you off to your hotel in Cusco.
Inclusions for Rainbow Mountain Full-Day Hiking Tour
- Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- Professional English OR Spanish speaking tour guide (additional tour guide for groups of nine people or more)
- Pre-Departure Briefing at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your trek.
- Pick up from your hotel and transportation to beginning of the trek
- Return transportation from Quesiuno to your Cusco hotel
- Small-group tour (6 to 8 people max) or private tour if option selected
- A bottle of water
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Rainbow Mountain Full-Day Hiking Tour
- Trekking poles – you can hire them from us (5.00 USD each one)
- Travel/health/emergency insurance
- Meals (breakfast & dinner)
- Horses (Option to hire one if you need at the beginning of the trek) US$25.00
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum of 2 people (100% guaranteed to depart with 2 people)
Small groups maximum 8 people or private tour availble
Lowest Elevation: 4,326 m
Highest Elevation: 5,020 m
Distance to walk: 15 km / 9.25 miles
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.