Rainbow Mountain Whit Red Valley - Cusco
OverviewThe Rainbow Mountain of Peru, also known as Winicunca, is stunning and can be seen on the spectacular Ausangate area. This trip that allows you to see the Rainbow Mountains requires a trek of at least 6 days (3 hours each way up and down the mountain) . On this trek you will see quaint villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas and you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate Mountain (6,385 m / 20,945 ft.), the highest mountain in Cusco region.
Know More about this tourWe will pick you up from your hotel at 3:30 AM, then start our incredible adventure by driving about 3 hours in our private van through the South Valley to the village of Japura, where we will enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet, then continue our Journey to the beginning of the path called Kayrawiri (4,500 m / 15,189 ft.). Along this road there are breathtaking views of agriculture in this place, canyon and snow-covered terraces.
When you arrive at the beginning of the trail our guide will give you a small instruction of the area and the last reaches to finally begin a walk of approximately 2.5 hours for a moderate climb. During the trip we will have the opportunity to appreciate a variety of South American camelids, spectacular ecosystems typical of this place and beautiful views of the Ausangate mountain.
At approximately 10:00 am we will arrive at our destination called Vinicunca or Rainbow Mountain (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.). Here you will have enough time to enjoy this unique landscape that geography whimsically formed and you can also take spectacular views of this place that looks hand painted and brush. After our visit to the rainbow mountain we will continue our walk towards the red valley where you will have the opportunity to enjoy a unique landscape surrounded by impressive red mountains. Here you will have enough time to take photos of this beautiful landscape. Afterwards we will descend through the valley following the river bank until we reach the village of Japura (This trek is pure descent and will take you approximately 3 hours). In Japura we will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch prepared by our chef and after a short break we will start the trip back to Cusco arriving at approximately 6:30 pm.
Inclusions for Rainbow Mountain Whit Red Valley
- Entrance fees
- Breakfast(hotel in Aguas Calientes)
- Box Lunch(first day)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Roundtrip transportation
- 1 walking stick
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
- Attentive to our briefing in your hotel one day before RM
- Enjoy 24/7 In- support after your confirmation
- OUR PROMISE: THE BEST VALUE & SERVICE
Exclusions for Rainbow Mountain Whit Red Valley
- Bottle of water
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
What should you bring
Carry a water bottle and drink plenty of water
Bring a snack for the hike (and bring back any trash with you). There are also locals selling candies, water and soda, and small snacks near the trailhead.
Wear comfortable walking shoes with good traction.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 5-Day Tour to Machu Picchu: Salkantay Trek
- Lares Valley Inca Hot Springs Tour from Cusco
- Sacred Valley of the Incas Private Day Trip
- Moray Terraces and Maras Salt Mines Day Trip
- Half Day Touring and Exploring Ollantaytambo
- Private Full-Day Tour to The Archaeological Site of Pisaq in Sacred Valley
- Full Day Tour on the Sun Route from Cusco to Puno
- Private Full-Day Sacred Valley Tour with Pisac Ruins