OverviewImmerse yourself in the wild beauty of Costa Rica on this 5-hour jungle hike near Braulio Carrillo National Park. Inside a private nature reserve, journey deep into the rainforest on an open-air gondola, accompanied by an expert guide, and then traipse through a tropical wonderland. Conquer challenging and muddy terrain, admire the beautiful Corinto River and discover the secrets of the rainforest. Fuel up for this demanding hike with breakfast at the reserve and enjoy a riverside lunch at the halfway point. Hotel transport from San Jose is included.
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in San Jose (if selected), take a scenic drive northeast and arrive about an hour later at Rainforest Adventures Costa Rica Atlantic, an ecotourism reserve boasting 1,200 acres (475 hectares) of waterfalls, rivers and dense tropical forest.
This private sanctuary shares a 6-mile (10-km) border with Braulio Carrillo National Park. Your challenging hike through the rainforest jungle covers roughly 3 miles (5 km), with an elevation gain of 475 feet (145 meters), over the course of five hours.
Start your day at the reserve’s main building, where you can enjoy a hearty breakfast of pinto beans and rice, eggs, sausage, bread, cereal, fresh tropical fruits, orange juice, coffee and tea.
Then follow an expert naturalist to the aerial tram to reach the starting point. During the hour-long ride in the open-air gondola, your guide points out some plants and birds that you don't typically see from the ground. You’ll also receive practical tips on how to safely explore the rainforest during your hike.
Travel deep into the jungle, and disembark at Tower 12 to begin your trek along Corinto River. On this journey, you'll climb short but steep ascents, and tromp along muddy paths. All the hard work pays off when you get to take in the gorgeous views of the rainforest on breaks.
You’ll have an opportunity to take a dip in one of the river’s natural pools and then sprawl out on the riverbank to dry.
After a break, hoof it back to Tower 12 and instead of taking the tram again, follow your guide on a trail that separates the reserve from Braulio Carrillo National Park. Arrive at the reserve’s main building, where you can shower and freshen up before being transported back to your hotel.
Note: Click on the 'View additional info' below to ensure your hotel is included in the pickup and drop-off zone.
Inclusions for Rainforest Adventure From San Jose
- Professional and specialized local guides
- Guided trekking tour
- Aerial tram tour
- Picnic lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transport by minivan or coach (depending on the group size)
Exclusions for Rainforest Adventure From San Jose
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 13 years
A good level of fitness is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not recommended for participants with back problems or other serious medical conditions
Please wear long sleeve pants and shirt and hiking or rubber shoes or boots
Please bring a backpack, water, a change of clothes, a hat, insect repellent, a raincoat and a towel
Note: The open-air gondola can hold up to 6 passengers plus a tour guide
A minimum of 2 passengers per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.