Rameshwaram, Dhanushkodi Beach Private Day Tour From Madurai
OverviewVisit Rameswaram, located on Pamban island 50 km (30 miles) away from Sri Lanka. Explore its ancient shrines and temples, which are considered to be one of the holiest places to Hindus. Later, enjoy the Dhanushkodi beach and a road there with Indian ocean on one side and Bay of Bengal on the other.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourYou will meet your guide at 8am and the lobby of your hotel in Madurai and leave for 3.5-hour drive to Rameshwaram. On your way you will make a stop at Pamban Bridge for a photo shoot. Upon arrival proceed to Ramanathaswamy Temple, a Hindu temple dedicated to god Shiva. It is also one of the twelve Jyothirlinga temples, where Shiva is worshiped in the form of a Jyotirlingam (Pillar of light). Then, continue your tour by visiting Seethapatham, Ramanpatham and Hanuman temples. Many pilgrims visit this site. Next, you will visit Jada Theertham, a place where Lord Ram is said to have washed his long hair (Jata).
After the sightseeing at 1pm you will make a stop at Daivik Rameshwar for lunch (at your own cost), where you can choose a cuisine and a desired restaurant. After lunch you will continue your tour by visiting Dhanushkodi Beach, which is the southern tip of the Rameshwaram. At the end of this tour at 4:30pm you will be transferred back to your hotel in Madurai.
Inclusions for Rameshwaram, Dhanushkodi Beach Private Day Tour From Madurai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Madurai Hotel (City limits)
- Entrance fee
- Professional English-Speaking guide.
- Fees to all attractions
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
Exclusions for Rameshwaram, Dhanushkodi Beach Private Day Tour From Madurai
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Minimum age is 3 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Group discount is available for group size of 2+, 4+ or 8
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.