- See half the famous Hana Highway during the ride to the activity site--a 30-acre botanical garden where you gear up with the pros in top-rated equipment including footwear, harness, backpack, flotation jacket and helmet.
- Hike a short distance on private rainforest valley trails to a 50-foot waterfall.
- After briefing and demonstration from your guides, you'll practice your technique down a 40- to 50-foot descent that you can repeat.
- Take a guided rappel off the edge of a 50-foot waterfall cliff, and then a "zip" through free space 80 feet across the canyon over the water with a "splash down" into a deep pool.
- Rappel another waterfall, then take on a 35-foot rock climb up the face of the falls (weather and water permitting.)
- Finish big with a 110-foot dry rappel down the "Savage Ridge," or repeat the zip rappel, depending on conditions.
- If long periods of heavy rains or severe weather cause high or swift water or raging falls, we modify the itinerary and use rappel stations that are a safe distance from the water course.
- The hike back to the top is a well-maintained trail under a cool canopy of plants, ferns and trees. Use the anchored ropes as handrailings, and stop to rest, take photos and drink water when necessary. You'll do a total of one mile of hiking with a total elevation gain of about 400 feet.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 7 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Kihei Junction Park and Ride, N Kihei Rd, Wailuku, HI 96793, USA
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
Ready to "level up?" If you're a thrill-seeker who likes to push the envelope, or if you're a recreational regular who wants to tweak the vacation tradition, the Zip Rappel Tour takes the action to new extremes. This extended tour is a 6 1/2 to 8-hour experience (including transportation).
You'll make as many as 4 advanced drops of up to 110 feet, including waterfall rappels and a "zip rappel" or "guided rappel" through free space, past a waterfall, that ends with an exhilarating water landing in a natural freshwater pool.
We'll provide you with comfortable transportation from central Maui to the activity site, located an hour down the famous Hana Highway.
Please make special note of the requirements and special considerations for this tour.
Minimum age 14; all participants must weight between 90 lbs and 230 lbs. Not recommended for guests over the age of 65.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tour
Lunch--choice of turkey or veggie wrap. Gluten-free option available.
Extensively trained guides with local knowledge
Use of all gear, including helmet, shoes and backpack
Transport by air-conditioned passenger van
Hotel pickup and drop-off available for additional surcharge.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers. Minimum age is 14.
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
Tour operates rain or shine.
Amazing! Logan and Cole were phenomenal guides and the scenery, rappelling, and zip was great! The location was top notch, the vibe was relaxed, fun, and exciting. Such a great adventure that I would definitely recommend!