Raufarholshellir Caving Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewLeave behind Reykjavk and journey to Raufarhlshellir Lava Tunnel, just 30 minutes away. Walk through the lava's path and learn about the tunnel's history. The lava tunnel is one of the biggest in Iceland and scenes from the film Noah were shot in the cave. This tour includes pickup and drop-off in Reykjavk, a driver/guide, and safety equipment.
- All necessary equipment included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourLeave Reykjavk with pickup at about 10am and begin the 30-minute journey to Raufarhlshellir. Witness the inner workings of a volcanic eruption as you walk in the path of lava that flowed thousands of years ago.
The lava tunnel is one of the biggest in Iceland and gets up to 98 feet (30 meters) wide and 32 feet (10 meters) high. The lava tube ceiling has caved in near the entrance, which creates beautiful columns of light. The fantastic range of colors of the tunnel wall is caused by the different mineral types of the rock.
Experience a new world, hear the talk of the cave and sense the forces of nature like you have never done before. Learn new things and step out of your comfort zone. You will return back to select Reykjavk locations around 1pm.
Inclusions for Raufarholshellir Caving Tour From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected location only)
- Use of helmet
- Use of flashlight
- Bus fare
- All activities
Exclusions for Raufarholshellir Caving Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
- Airbnb pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Remember to dress warmly and wear sturdy footwear
Minimum age is 2 years
Not wheelchair accessible
Please note that drop-off locations may not be directly in front of your hotel/guesthouse dictated by actual conditions (ie. narrow streets, coach size, roadworks, etc.)
A maximum of 25 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.