OverviewSee the best of Ravenna in a full-day guided walking tour led by a friendly professional local guide. Ravenna is like no other place in Italy, its Early Christian and Byzantine mosaics are a wonder of the world and their magnificence will leave you breathless. Ravenna is the right place if you wish to experience amazing historical heritage sites and great food.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourDiscover Ravenna, one of the most important cities of art, with an extraordinary historic, cultural and artistic heritage and a glorious past. Ravenna was the seat of the Roman Empire in the 5th century, of Theodoric King of the Goths in the 6th century and then of Byzantine Italy until the 8th century.
The magnificence of this period has left Ravenna with a great heritage of historical buildings and a unique collection of early Christian mosaics and monuments. 7 of the 8 Unesco World Heritage Sites of Ravenna province are located in the city of Ravenna and they were all built and decorated in the 5th and 6th centuries showing great artistic skill, including a wonderful blend of Graeco-Roman tradition, Christian iconography and oriental and Western styles. Explore Ravenna, the city where Dante chose his last refuge, Boccaccio set a beautiful novel, Lord Byron lived his longest relationship, Gustav Klimt drew obvious inspiration, Hermann Hesse wrote some verses and Oscar Wilde was inspired, whoever sees Ravenna falls in love with it today just as it happened in the past.
The tour includes the following sites:
• Church of S. Vitale: with rich and vividly-coloured mosaics
• Mausoleum of Galla Placidia: breathtaking interior of the 5th century
• Baptistry of Neon: famed for its astonishing roof mosaic
• Dante's tomb
• Basilica of San Francisco: and its submerged mosaics
• Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo: old private chapel of King Theodoric
• Arian Baptistry built by Theodoric
• The church of Saint John the evangelist and the old mosaic floors
• A walk in the city centre thro Piazza del Popolo
Being a full-day tour please inform the guide on the visiting day if you want to stop for a light lunch with typical products or short stops for ice cream and/or cappuccino with pastry and/or a sandwich, this is to better organize the tour according to your preferences.
Inclusions for Ravenna And Its Enchanting Mosaics Full-day Tour
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Ravenna And Its Enchanting Mosaics Full-day Tour
- Entrance fees (All tickets to be paid on the spot)
- From June 16th to February 28th: Combo-ticket (except for the Theodoric's mausoleum which is not included), €9.50/each.
- From March 1st to June 15th: Combo-ticket for all listed monuments €10.50/each
- Ticket for the Arians' baptistry €1.00/each
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is not suitable for people with disabilities or walking problems.
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
From Oct. to March. all sites close at 5 pm
From April to Sept. all sites cose at 7 pm
FOR CRUISE GUESTS: ask at your cruise help desk if shuttle bus service from Porto Corsini pier to Ravenna city centre is available and if this service is offered by your cruise line. In case this service is not available a one-way taxi ride costs around € 25
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.