Real Dominican Experience Private Tour - Punta Cana
OverviewCamera in hands, get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas and typical Dominican villages. Along the road you will see schools and famous colmado. Drive across sugar cane and rice plantations. Learn why and how Spanish brought sugar cane culture in this island and the economic impact. See how they used a trapiche - wheel grinder pulled by oxen to extract the syrup of sugar cane. Ride our truck through the Anamuya mountain and have direct contact with the day to day life in the countryside.
Know More about this tour
We begin this day by taking the route to Higüey where, in addition to touring its streets, we will visit the largest and most important church in the country, the Basilica of La Altagracia. Camera in hand, get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas and typical Dominican villages. Along the road you will see schools and famous colmado. Cruise across a sugar cane plantation. Go inside an artisan sugar cane mill, and watch an accurate re-enactment of a colonial-era trapiche (wheel grinder) being pulled by oxen. This tour would not be complete without seeing how the master rolls the best Dominican cigars.
To complete this journey, visit a local family on their home. With smiles they invite you to their farm and their coffee plantation. Also, take a moment to taste the real cacao and many exotics fruits. This cultural immersion is definitely the highlight of your vacation. During the day, enjoy one of the best Dominican foods. The comments are unanimous; we serve the best lunch in an excursion! To finalize the day take a dip in the beautiful Macao beach to catch a wave on a boogie board or simply relax while sipping a Cuba Libre to the soothing sound of nature.
08:0009:00 Pick up directly in hotels.
09:00 Briefing from our tour guides about safety and the activities program for the day
09:30 Horseback riding
10:30 Visit to the Basiloque of Higuey
11:30 Arrival to Typical Countryside House, where the tour guides give an explanation about the coffee, cacao and different fruits. Sample of fresh coffee, chocolate and fruits and also a chance to purchase local products
13:00 Arrival to our Mountain Ranch to enjoy a typical Dominican buffet
13:45 Arrive to «Trapiche» for explanation about sugarcane, its process throughout the years and the different products, result of its transformation. See first -hand how Dominican roll the famous cigars.
15:15 Arrival to our sponsored school, briefing of the educational program in the Dominican Republic.
15:45 Arrival to Macao beach, where you can catch a wave on a moray boogie board or relax while sipping "Cuba Libre" to the soothing sound of nature.
16:30 Approximate arrival back to hotels.
Note: These times are approximate and may vary depending on the operation of the day
Inclusions for Real Dominican Experience Private Tour
- Guide just for your group
- Water, soft drinks, beer and rum
- Fruits, coffee and chocolate
- Basilique of Higuey
- Private Transportation by safari truck
Exclusions for Real Dominican Experience Private Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Outback Safari Adventure Tour from Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Small-Group Sailing and Snorkeling Catamaran Tour
- Half Day Safari Tour of Punta Cana
- Shark and Stingray Snorkel Tour in Punta Cana
- Full-Day Santo Domingo City Tour from Punta Cana
- Half-Day Zip Line Adventure from Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Party Cruise with Snorkeling
- Private Punta Cana Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride