Reggio Calabria, Scilla And The Riace Bronzes - Messina
OverviewThrough this wonderful tour you will discover the beauties of Reggio Calabria and Scilla, and will admire the Riace Bronzes with private transportation and a professional local guide. Reggio Calabria is famous worldwide for the Riace Bronzes. The two majestic statues - discovered by chance just a few meters off the coast of Riace. Marvel at the beauty of the unique Greek Riace Bronzes. Discover the beauties of Reggio Calabria. Enjoy a walk downtown the picturesque Scilla on the strait of Messina.
Know More about this tour
- Visit the Archaeological Museum . The MArRC is one of the most representative archaeological museums of the period of Magna Graecia, with important collections, known in the world thanks to the permanent exhibition of the famous Riace Bronzes, it also houses a vast display of finds from all over Calabria region. The famous Riace Bronzes are marvelous statues of warriors made in the 5th century BC and found in the Ionian Sea near Riace in 1972; the various levels of the Museum show precious and interesting finds from the cities of the Magna Graecia of Calabria.
- At the end of the visit, walk along the promenade with a spectacular view of Sicily.
- Continue to Corso Garibaldi is the main street of the city, the shopping street and the main monuments: Theater, Cathedral and historic buildings. (Estimated time for this visit about 2 hours and a half)
- Lunch break in a typical restaurant.
- In the afternoon, continuation for Scilla. The town is divided in two by Catle called Rocca dei Ruffo: on one side is the district of Chianalea, with the fishermen's houses built on the rocks; on the other the beautiful beach of Marina Grande.
The walk through the alleys of Scilla is exciting: the sea always next door, the old houses that tell stories of life, the fishermen who still fish the swordfish with the traditional method, make it a unique experience.
- Return with a driver in Reggio Calabria for drop-off at your accomodation.
Inclusions for Reggio Calabria, Scilla And The Riace Bronzes
- - Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the Tour by a Professional Local Guide
- Private transportation in a Mercedes minivan driving by a Professional Driver
- All taxes
Exclusions for Reggio Calabria, Scilla And The Riace Bronzes
- - Meals
- Entrance fees (Museo archeologico di Reggio Calabria, 8 Euro)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Activity level: minimal
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.