Religion Culture Tour - Lama Temple -Confucius Temple - DongYue Temple - Beijing
OverviewChina is one of the world's four ancient civilizations over 5000 years history, and the written history of China dates back to the Shang Dynasty (c. 16001046 BC), over 3,000 years ago. Two main religion : Buddhism , Taoism/ Daoism and one main traditional culture : Confucius culture.This 8-hour private tour takes you to deep dive into the rich culture of Beijing. Visit the Lama temple where you can see halls of different Buddhas and get to know the culture and belief . Followed by a tour to the Confucian Temple where you can see traditional Chinese culture. The end to visit Dongyue temple which is a Taoism temple . You would see what is the difference between Buddhism temple .Lunch, entrance fees and hotel pickup/drop-off service are all inclusive.
Know More about this tour
Meet up your tour guide and driver in the morning, and head to Yonghegong Lama temple first. Which is largest and best-preserved lamasery in Beijing. Explore the architecture and artworks while walking along the axis. There are 5 main halls separated by courtyards. Marvel at different Buddhas in different halls, and you will find the huge Maitreya Buddha (the entire Buddha artwork was carved from a single piece of White Sandalwood). It was in the Guinness record in 1993.
Continue your tour to Beijing Confucian Temple and the Imperial Colleges (built in Yuan Dynasty of 14century), and your guide will share with you how Chinese people are influenced by Confucianism for thousand years.
Next, heading to a local restaurant for lunch.
Afterward , Dongyue Temple which is one of the largest temples of Taoism in northern China. It is the shrine of the God of Mount Tai, one of the Five Great Mountains in China. Having stood for almost 700 years, Dongyue Temple is considered a perfect example of magnificence and grandeur. Its long history demonstrates its value, especially as the Beijing Folklore Museum is also located within the temple complex. Nowadays, it is protected as a National Key Cultural Relics Unit. The cultural relics of Yuan Dynasty displayed in this museum are greatly appreciated by visitors.
You would be dropped off hotel after the 8 hour tour
Inclusions for Religion Culture Tour - Lama Temple -Confucius Temple - DongYue Temple
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private guide
- Privte driver
- Entance fee
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Tolls, gas, parking fee
- Bottle of water
Exclusions for Religion Culture Tour - Lama Temple -Confucius Temple - DongYue Temple
- Gratuity ( Recommended)
- Personal cost
- Over time fee
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour will last between 8 hours. If you want to extend the tour, then please pay 15 USD to your driver and 15 USD to your guide for each of the extra hour
Religion and culture are most difficult to explain, your guide probably can not answer all details questions , wish you could understand
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
This is the private tour with no factory and shopping stops
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8 Days Beijing Xian Shanghai Join-in Tour by Train
- Simata Great Wall one day tour with Lunch
- Beijing Private Car Airport Pickup with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Airport Drop-off with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station pick-up with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station Drop-off with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Airport return trip with English Speaking Driver
- Beijing Private Car Railway Station return trip with English Speaking Driver